PINK FLOYD tonight what did you think

by littlemike 32 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

I went to the live8 website . They seemed kinda upidy about the whole thing . I think it's a great cause but really the only impoverished person I'm concerned about is myself . I think there are plenty of wealthy people that could make a difference around the world . I don't think US tax payer money should be taken for this type of thing . If they have it to give away then they have it to give back to the american impoverished .

• Sith
    Sith

I missed the goddamn thing. The Floyd is the GOD of rock artistry and my favorite band other than Dire Straits.
    "I kept waiting for them to play Take Up Thy Stethoscope And Walk"
    that, or "One Of These Days"

• Sith
    Sith

Damn, after posting that, I just played "Meddle" again. "One Of These Days" just did the same thing it used to do to me 30 years ago...it sucked the breath right out of me. I listened to it full volume...fuck the neighbors. God damn

• littlemike
    littlemike

Hey this is Miek the orignal post on this subject. Thanks for all your replies. I also went to the Wall Concerts and 1980 and 1981 at Earls Court even when I was a Witness

• Sith
    Sith

Still rocking to Meddle...about to listen to "Echoes". When I was a kid, I used to listen to that tune, all by myself in the dark. Freaked me the fuck out, and I loved it. Littlemike, one of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces. Thanks for the thread. I'm rockin'!

• Sith
    Sith

Echoes is over. Gonna listen to "The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn". Then, if I'm still awake..."A Saucerful Of Secrets". Syd's a looney, but still rocks

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

heathen . . .Comparatively, there are no American poor people; the so called 'poor people' in America are lazy, emotionally unbalanced or suffer from the ' victim' syndrome. Most people in developed countries have no idea or could give a shit less about the misfortunes of those in third world countries.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I wish I could have seen it. LIVE 8, whatever? Pink Floyd, awesome in any forum and any reason!!!!!!

• jimakazi
    jimakazi
    I don't think US tax payer money should be taken for this type of thing . If they have it to give away then they have it to give back to the american impoverished .

Perhaps just those US tax payers who have in-directly benefited from the slave labour of African American? What the US can do that would be the most help is support free trade. These days it seems that on one hand the US supports free trade, then as soon as some special interest lobby group is affected there is some penalty applied to make the overseas product less attractive. Or the offer of free trade get used as a tool to change policy - for instance NZ has one of the most unregulated and free market economies in the world, but we do not have a free trade agreement with the US, [a] because it is of more value to NZ than the US [for example the US lamb farmers do not want to compete with our product, [b] because we will not allow nuclear powered ships to visit - this is the "policy difference" that is indirectly referred too, [c] we allow parellel imports.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Same ol'same ol'.

Can't these guys provide anything but nostalgia? I heard those songs as a young teen, there is so much since. Really...I feel like when my dad used to listen to Nelson Eddie when I was a kid. "Son that's when men could sing!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit