The Williamson sisters.

by The rock 11 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin
    I was always surprized that the Jackson Mom didn't get a divorce but maybe that's another generation???

I was thinking about this a couple of weeks ago. At the time, was writing a letter to a journalist. I told her that M. Jackson's family was typical of many JW kids. Why question the nonJW father's influence (physically abusive, overly strict, to say the least; perhaps alcohol [sound familiar?]) ... and not the JWs?

Then, I gave the silentlambs website, and briefly outlined the 2-witness rule.

... if you read nothing else in this comment, please read the next paragraph ... ;-)

Since learning about the cover-up of child sexual abuse 2 years ago on this forum, I have found this to be the most effective weapon for informing non JWs of the evil of the b'Org. In the last 15 years, the general public's awareness of this crime against our children has deepened to a level that few insulated within the b'Org realize. Tell folks about the 2-witness rule, briefly and frankly. Drive home the point about abusers going on to the next child at the bookstudy or convention. You'll be pleasantly surprised by their reaction. First, shock ; then, revulsion. Try it, you'll like it!

The point being, many JW women with unbelieving husbands live this life. I think the children in the Jackson family are an accurate reflection of the effects of 'growing up in the Truth' (TM). It's a different spin on the story, hmm,,,, any thoughts?

tal

• Es
    Es

A couple of years ago when they were down for a tennis match they apparently went to the neighbouring congregation for the meetings while they were here.!!! es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit