The Williamson sisters.

by The rock 11 Replies latest jw friends

• The rock
    The rock

Do the Williamson sisters go round the doors just wondering.? I heard Venus say when she won Wimbledon thank you Jehovah.Just curious if anyone knows?

Take care

• The rock
    The rock

ops sorry I mean the williams sisters

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

I thought so, the only williamson sisters I could find were these...

alt

• The rock
    The rock

lol nope that's nothing like them. Just wondered it would be difficult for them going round doors and a security risk. Perhaps they are in disguise you never know. However lots of them don't even admit to being a Witness. I remember one enterprising lady came to my door on her own. She was determined to give me a leaflet. I was equally determined not to have it. Three times I asked her who she was three times she didn't answer. She tried to change the subject. I said to her would you accept something from a complete stranger. I don't know u from Adam. She then admitted she was a Jehovah Witness but very reluctantly. I don't know why she was afraid to as I am not the height of a pit boot. lol

• blondie
    blondie

If you do a Google with "serena williams jehovah's" you might come up with something. Over the years they have been discussed.

Father--never, and not a JW

Mother--Oracene--baptized JW

Venus,Serena--probably were unbaptized publisheres at one time. I think the mother (and the girls) went to a West Palm Beach congregation. I think they mentioned once in an interview that the did telephone witnessing due to their celebrity status.

I think their status is much like the Jackson family. Mother JW, and the rest have had contact only through the mother going until they reach adult age. There are several other sisters, one was shot and killed a few years back.

Blondie

• Panda
    Panda

If they do go door to door I would imagine they do so for their mother and not Jawh. The father is no longer travelling with the girls (since the divorce) so obviously they've taken Mom's side. I was always surprized that the Jackson Mom didn't get a divorce but maybe that's another generation???

• Frog
    Frog

I always knew they could never have been that closely associated with the dubs, despite Serena attributing her match wins to "Jehovah", it's just not something a regular dub would do.

• talesin
    talesin

I saw Serena Williams on Punk'd last nite. I am no fan of celebrity JWs.

To tell the truth, she was the sweetest, and I couldn't fault her if I tried. She displayed a really calm, happy personality. Actually, one of the most pleasant people that's appeared on the show.

tal

• potleg
    potleg

Wow, the Williams sisters maybe JW's...Shouldn't they be pioneers or do we see a new celebrity class arising...Venus & Serena, Jacko, Prince etc...

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

I caught a short bit of the Williams vs Davenport match today, and was wondering if the sisters were actually practicing JWs or not myself. I mean, those tennis skirts are far too short for JW approval, not to mention the fact that it was a competition. On a related note, I read about Prince going door to door as a JW on the net, the item I saw about it said he has 4 bodyguards with him... So much for trust in Jehovah, eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit