Any "Miraculous" experience happen to you like the ones said at Conventions

by soundbox_guy 49 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    ButterflyCharmer - your car story reminded me of a (probably Urban Legend) story I heard at the KH as a child. Desperate JW's answered an otherwise ignored advertiement for a car that was TOOOOO cheap (disgruntled wife selling husband's car at knock-down price) - was JEHOVAH making car available for HIS people.

OOO-OOO-OOO!!!!!!!!!!! i was going to post about that one! when the experience was given at our hall they made it out as if it were two local pioneers. apparently they needed a car, so they saw one in the paper advertised for like $100 or something. they go to the house and it's this huge mansion where a nice litttle old lady living there. they ask her about the car and she takes them out back to the garage. there before their very eyes is like a beautiful, practically new mercedes or bmw or something. they ask the lady why it's only $100 and she says that her in her husband's will, he stated that whatever money came from selling the car was to go directly to his mistress. did the experience differ at your hall midwich?? i've always wondered about this one. to me it sounds like a joke that they modified to suit the masses. load of sh!t. luv, jojo

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

No disease or devils curse can harm us unless god allows it so

Gee, what have all the pedophile victims done wrong?!

I can understand your thoughts there, many people would think that even i have. But the pedophile victems have not done anything wrong, I have a friend who fell victem to one, she was a very innocent child at the time and a very faithful and devoted christian. But remember there are those that do act against God's will, thus it hurts god to see us upset. But still god does not give us more than we can handle, there may be times when we feel that we are crushed by burdens but god is willing to help us through our times of struggles. There are also times when adversity can be a blessing in discuise! Yes my friend has suffered greatly but in the end she is a better, stronger person! She is having struggles with her faith right now, but it is slowely coming back to her and as she grows stronger in faith and is starting to regain trust in god she is coming a better person. Hebrews chapter 12 mentions about loving 'discipline' from our heavenly father. Those Pedophile victems are loved dearly by god. Evanescence *gone all lubby dubby christian AGAIN!*

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Well I was looking for the exact scripture I found one day while very upset from what an very uppity elder told me, but I couldnt find it.

The situation was that we were discussing how God was continually blessing me and I WASN'T a dub. So why was this happening since they feel that anyone that is not a dub isn't in good standings with God. Well his answer was and I will quote, " God makes it rain on good and evil." Point was taken but it only made me see how truly ignorant he was when I later found a scripture (in the NWT may i add)saying how God only blesses those of which he approves. So for all of the ones that receives blessings/miracles everyday and is not a dub, you must have some approval from God to receive it.

I wish i could go back and show him that...but then I'd really get the label apostate and thats the only reason I haven't laid on any dubs that try to talk to me how I really feel. Cuz so many in my family are dubs but mostly my mom and dad, because they still talk to me..and if I was to get that label it might change...

But personally I know God has blessed me and I know it could only come from him. So I'm happy.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

All I can say is this: both of my JW family members have been involved in bad car accidents in the last six months, and the rest of us family members haven't had any car accidents at all. Both car accidents were so extreme that they were surprised that anyone lived. Both family members that are JW's have said that it was Satan's fault that they were involved in the car accidents, but Jehovah's intervention that they did not die. My take on it is that they were probably distracted while out in field service and weren't paying attention to the road. Miraculous? I dunno. But they act like it was.

CG

• lucky
    lucky

ButterflyCharmer and Kittyeatzjdubs - I heard that car story when I was young, too. It was almost exactly like the one you related, Kitty.

Here is a true story: When I was pioneering one month I didn't have enough $ to pay my electric bill (what a surprise) and I was filing some misc. papers and bills away and I came across a check for almost the exact amount that I needed that was a refund from apparent overpayment of my car insurance, like six months earlier. I felt sure that it was a miracle from Jehovah.

When I was growing up we had this sister in our hall who would pray for a sign from Jehovah about EVERYTHING. One time, we were having a garage sale and we had a couch for sale and she kind of wanted it. She said that if we hadn't sold it by the end of the day it would be a sign from Jehovah that she was meant to buy it. Well, lo and behold by the end of the day, we hadn't sold it. I think my mom ended up giving it to her for free.

My aunt is a very religious non-dub and she seems to be always having "miraculous" events occur to her. She is always telling them to my mom (her sister, devout jdub), which makes my mom squirm.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    The situation was that we were discussing how God was continually blessing me and I WASN'T a dub.

Ah, but you see, you are missing part of the logic. If you leave the truth, and bad things happen to you, it is because God has withdrawn his blessing. If you leave the truth, and good things happen to you, it is because Satan wants you to stay happy in the world, and will do whatever it takes to keep you there.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I always hear the stories, but can anybody actually tell me something like this has happened to them when they were a good little witness? And if it has, did these sort of "events" stop taking place after you left?

Yes, but I don't feel like writing out the experience. Now I look at it as the gods or goddesses or the great spirit loved me in spite of me being a JW.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    But still god does not give us more than we can handle

well he gave me more than i could handle

and he knows it

tijkmo..of the--it aint no miracle, and it aint divine, its all just a matter of time--class

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I have always found the test beyond that with which you can bear' issue puzzling...especially when those here can no doubt demonstrate particularly well that they were 'tested' far beyond that with which they could bare too...fact of the matter is despite my christian leanings I have yet to find some semblence of proof that any particular God delivers on his or her promises.

DB74

• Purza
    Purza

I had a story that I still cannot explain. Coincidence perhaps?

I got divorced based on "non-support" grounds. My husband (at the time) gambled all of our money away and left me and our daughter destitue. I pulled myself (with the help of my family) out of the rubble, divorced him and was hoping to move on. I kept praying to god that my ex would commit adultery so I could be free.

A sister told me I was praying for the wrong thing and that I was asking god to break his own law by having someone commit adultery. She told me to "pray that you find out if he commits adultery". So that sounded reasonable to me. I prayed the way she told me and THE NEXT DAY I got a letter from him admitting that he slept with someone and I was now free.

That totally wigged me out and I KNEW FOR SURE that god had answered my prayer.

Now I think it must have just been coincidence.

Never told that story at an assembly before -- maybe it wasn't good enough.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit