Within one minute JW with trolley directs me to JW.org

by steve2 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a JW a few months ago.

A day after my friend had returned from an assembly - all hyped up about the "encouraging" message, I asked, "Out of curiosity, how many people got baptized?"

To which he responded... "I think about 8."

I then asked, "How many people attended?"

"....mmm about 3,000."

I reached for my calculator, multiplied 3,000 x 5 hours x 52 weeks and said, "So at an average of say 5 hours a week, your collective efforts of three quarters of a million hours yielded 8 lives saved? My friend had 5 people baptized at her church of 250 people and they don't even do the door to door thing...."

To which he responded, "That's not what it's all about *Neverknew*... We just share the Bible with people." He knew he sounded like an idiot so I didn't bother asking him to elaborate. I'm hoping he does that math at every single convention.

So Steve2?... "That's not what it's all about" anymore. Sorry.

Because I approach JWs at every opportunity I have story upon story.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Within one minute JW with trolley directs me to JW.org

Let me see if I've got this straight. A JW manning a trolley stuffed full of WTS publications directs you to Jw.org right away. This official website in turn directs people surfing the net to the latest WTS publications.

Absolutely farcical & batsh1t crazy ...

• Watchtower-Free
  • steve2
    steve2

The JWs were absent last weekend from the usual market place where they set up their literature "tent" (the tent provides shelter from the sun and, rain as the case may be). It was raining steadily that day.

Meanwhile, other stall holders were present to sell their wares.

Perhaps it is hard to maintain motivation to staff the tent when it is off the beaten track of the market and I have yet to see any distant passersby even looking in the direction of the tend, let alone stopping to look at what's on offer.

This is feeble - and suggests the modern breed of JWs are getting the message - although whatever it is, it ain't that the end of this system is fast approaching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit