O Canada today

by z 19 Replies latest social current

• Scully
    Scully

I get to watch the fireworks from the staff lounge at work tonight. Much better vantage point than The Hill.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hoorah, Canada day!

First one for me too! I'm going to grill some hotdawgs, buy some good beers, watch "Strange Brew".. possibly smoke a joint and listen to some Bruce Cockburn with a few buddies.

Man, could life get much better than this?

GBL

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Are you doing anything to celebrate, tetra?

i'll probably just go out and walk around a bit. take in whatever celebrations there are to take in. i believe there are some concerts going on, and i am walking distance from downtown, so i'll have a couple of drinks too. i have a Cohiba that my bro in law brought me back from cuba, so maybe i'll fire it up for the fire works.

are you in halifax talesin? i would love to live by the ocean. i think i will move to the Queen Charolette Islands someday.

Oh Canada!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Happy Canada Day!!!

Shoot this one off for me, Z!!

Jeannie

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Bow to the Beaver!

W.

• talesin
    talesin
    are you in halifax talesin? i would love to live by the ocean.

Yes, and I love it. East or West, I must be on the sea. The foggy Canada Day's suck, though!

GBL

You hoser! Eh? lol,,,

What, you're not gonna be listening to Big Sugar? They do the best version of O Canada!

j/k, cockburn is classic ... :)

O CANADA

Our home and native land ...

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee

O Canada, we stand on GUARD .... FOR ... THEE!

t

( apologies to any aboriginal people who may be on the board, it's really your native land. I am lucky to be born here, and am sorry for what has been done to your culture )

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Grr... Vancouver isn't going to have fireworks... they don't want the liability. "No Fun City" is right! I guess Toronto is the centre of the universe, they get all those kinds of things from the federal government, we get face paint from the federal government.

Oh well, let's all celebrateCanada by getting drunk, in true Canadian fashion, eh!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Oh well, let's all celebrateCanada by getting drunk, in true Canadian fashion, eh!

eh! half way there already! eh!

• talesin
    talesin

t_c

That is such a crock! All they have to do is set them off from a barge in the harbour, like they do here. Can you say 'don't wanna spend the money'??

Oh well, get together with some of yr college buddies, and raise a glass.

t

• acsot
    acsot

Happy Canada day fellow Canucks! This was the first time I followed the parade downtown here. The Black Watch Regiment was out in full force - bagpipes, men in kilts Too bad it wasn't windy ...

I can't believe some parts of the country won't have fire works and we'll have them here in La Belle Province! Rene Levesque must be turning over in his grave! There are all kinds of things happening in Old Montreal and the Port.

Montreal is also hosting the International Fireworks Festival once again this year so tomorrow I'll wander down to the Old Port and watch more fireworks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit