Jehovah's Witness hope, does it remove the sting of death?

by free2beme 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Jehovah's Witnesses are dead when they are breathing, so why should it matter much to them when they're dead and not breathing?

Farkel

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

***The deceased is just a stepping stone used to get to the sale pitch.

Iquit,

I felt this way for such a long time when I was a JW. I felt a little guilty having these thoughts becasue I knew that the nonJW family and friends should have the chance to "hear the good news" but I felt it was overkill on the part of the speaker most of the time.

Especially when he would bring up or bro soandso loved his religion and strived to live up to what pleased Jehovah, etc etc. He looked forward to the coming new system and died "faithful" and will enjoy a resurrection into this kingdom, (yawn).

I used to squirm inside listening to this as if I was a nonJW and it annoyed me even then.

*** I don't even understand how the JW's concept of ressurrection gives anyone a sense of hope. Always the JW's say "Don't be too sad, there is the hope of the ressurrection, Jehovah will remember the one who died. You will see your loved ones again."

VM44,
    The nearest thing I can offer as an answer would be that they shouldn't be sad because of this (clone-promise) hope, rather than the alternative of never seeing them ever again. Black and white. This or that. All or nothing mindset.

The fact that "other" religions promise an eternal reward of the crown of life as a gift, has no meaning to the WTS. THEIR earth on THEIR terms.

UGH.

Jehovah's Witnesses are dead when they are breathing, so why should it matter much to them when they're dead and not breathing?

AMEN Brother Farkel!

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit