Need clarification on communication with a disfellowshipped person

by jostes 46 Replies latest social family

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

It is more worse then I thought.

Here they are a bit relaxed about it (well some are).

But the magazines are clear about it. I hate it. Just to know what I will have to endure probably later... (am not yet df-ed)

• greendawn
    greendawn

Cinema Blend I can't see the difference between being unchristian and being un jesus like.

• Sushi Crow
    Sushi Crow

Hi jostes, In their mind's *they* are not making the judgement. It is the WBTSociety, which God supposedly speaks thru that is making the judgement. In other words, the Witnesses believe that technically, it's God who's judging people, thru the Society (via their interpretation of the Bible). Everyone else is following what the Society says is God's word - the culture of the whole thing is doing what you the Society says (God says), without question. An excellent book to read to get a better idea of what I'm talking about is a book called "Crisis of Conscience" by Raymond Franz. Franz was a member of the Governing Body ("decision makers" of the JW's) who was disfellowshipped. Hope this helps. Sushi Crow

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    If this is a cult why should they be considered a religion?

That sounds very reasonable, but the thing is that most governments recognize them as a 'religion'.
    On a separate note, usually not long after one of their announcements to 'shun [name]', there is a 'local needs' talk 'reminding' the congregation of the 'importance' of even family members to avoid the person; and they explain how this is a 'loving arrangement'.

• jostes
    jostes

Thank you everyone who gave me all this information...have learned quite a bit. I will let my sister know about these thoughts and insights. If she speaks to me again that would be great, if she doesn't hopefully one day she will wake up and smell the brainwash. Peace love and joy to all....

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

That km 8/02 article was printed out and mailed to me when I was being disfellowshipped, to get me to stop talking to my mama. She uses some kind of logic in her head that permits it, though. I'm down with that.

• jeeves
    jeeves

my family treats me the same way... my two oldest brothers won't have anything to do with me - they were fine pretending until i moved in with my partner.

my mom misses me every so often and leaves me a desperate message that she needs to see me - any communication/contact that is too frequent and they get too comfortable and try to preach.

when i lived at home, i tried to leave the jw's and was told i would have to move out as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit