well, in our cong. service is now "expected" on Saturday.

by ?me? 39 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Welcome to the forum!

Typical guilt tactics.. the WTS doesn't get it that guilt trips dont really work anymore. R & F JW's are tired of the ministry and nobody cares anymore besides the self righteous regular pioneers. I try to avoid service as much as possible (I probably go out twice a month) and the strange thing is I still seem to put in 10-12 hrs..

• lawrence
    lawrence

XBEHERE-

You've probably never been told this before, but you're spending WAY TOO MUCH TIME on spreading lunacy. At Least ?Me? only does a respectable 15 minutes a month, come on mate - how we gonna sink this ship? You're absolved from F.S. for the next business year, on me, and still if you want to write your 10-12, or 50, that's great.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

My dad was so conscientious he'd often not count the time travelling between return visits, which meant we couldn't either!

Tij - I agree with luna2 - a job where you counselled people or gave advice would suit you. There are so many voluntary placements as well with various organisations which could fulfill you and make up for all the time you spent unfruitfully on field service.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well i did think about that...crumpet + luna

when i was df-ed i would stop on the motorway (freeway) at cars that were broken down to see if they needed help..i dont know much about cars but if they just needed water or petrol (gas..oh boy) then i could help out...it was just an outlet for helping people..

i have been able to do this at college somewhat too cos all the other students are much younger but im not back at college for couple of months so feeling bit unfulfilled again at present

when they were refusing to reinstate me i did seriously consider joining some voluntary organization to do relief work in some place...ironic cos i never really wanted to be a missionary

would have played at live8 though but for some reason st/sir bob didnt return my calls

• mad max
    mad max

Welcome.

We had to go out every Sat to do street work, it was expected of us. We would all meet in town at one end then walk allllllllllllllllllll the way up to the beachfront, talking to every 6 or so person, until I started to feel guilty and forced myself to talk to evey person coming towads me or from behind me, so exhausting.

Then the best part was breakfast. But not for long as we had some older sister with us and we had to get back out again on the streets. Many a time on a Sat for 6 or so hours to get in the time to make the 60 hours.

Just dont know to this day why oh why I did that.

But many of a time I used to lie on my field service report and just put in say 10 hours when I only did 2. My daughter and myself told a couple of people that we lied, when it was announced that we are no longer a jw, because now we have nothing to hide or fear. I am sure that a lot of jw do that, lie on the report. 20 hours, 5 RV, 1 book, 15 mags. etc, but if you have a bible study then you are the best.

Anyway if you are 50 or so years its just 15min. Now the old dears will put 1 hour.

THERE 15 MIN OF FAME.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Now I have to come up with an excuse for tomorrow ....

ithinkisee - how about "Sorry brother but it goes against my conscience to knowingly spread lies to members of the public"

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's precisely the right idea Crumpet but anyone that accuses the GB of being liars will get the boot in no time at all, they are God's lofty reps on earth, their excellency.

• Vestigia
    Vestigia

One of the problems with not going to the meetings anymore is you are denied the pleasure of intentionally skipping field service.

• Quotes
    Quotes

One year a particulary self-amused SOB elder (who later served on my Judicial Committee) had this great idea: move the Thursday night book study to 8:00am Saturday. That way, if you attended the book study, you were pretty much trapped and had to go out in service.

They eventually switched it back to Thursday night. The problem was it backfired. Instead of bringing up Saturday Service to the level of the Book Study, the opposite happened: book study attendance dropped down to the low level of Saturday Service.

David Evanson: Your ideas were almost as amusing as watching Jackie Gleason's "Ralph Kramdon" on an episode of "The Honeymooners".

~Quotes, of the "Norton" class

• freedom96
    freedom96

I just hated going out in service, I don't care which day it was.

I always hated those that went after the morning meeting, and people coming up to you and asking if you were going out. When you told them know, they always looked shocked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit