Meeting the Challenge of Meetings - From Awake!

by ezekiel3 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

This quote makes you wonder if anyone at headquaters is reading their own magazines!

From the Awake! July 22, 2003, page 28 "Watching the World":

Meeting the Challenge of Meetings

Many companies are seeing a need to keep business meetings short and even to do away with unnecessary meetings, reports The New York Times. So to curb waste of time at meetings, some executives have resorted to the use of such desperate measures as stopwatches, whistles, and uncomfortable chairs, as well as having attendees stand rather than sit. Apparently, the executives are not alone in their view. In a survey of over 600 workers, "meetings that last too long" topped the list of time wasters. Patti Hathaway, author of a book that gives advice on handling situations at work, recommends that executives first look at the agenda to decide whether a meeting is really necessary. If the purpose of a proposed meeting is simply to disseminate information, then consider whether the information can be sent by e-mail.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

They can't control their minions via the mail.

• Pole
    Pole

Now, doesn't it look like a 'sabotage message'? LOL.

Pole

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

LOL

we already have uncomfortable chairs up here in canada, but alas the meetings are the same as ever. it's a new definition of torture perhaps?

• greendawn
    greendawn

And they have a lot more meetings than a typical businessman. They are also very repetitive and uninspired.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

O God the irony.

I think Pole is right or it is a freudian slip.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

white man speak with forked tongue

They're just saying the second of two things - with every practice that they advise of, they also provide a differing opinion that one "may" follow - hence, they are able to enforce, deny and victim blame at the same time.

Lying is probably the most identifiable concept pervasive to the org. Hence the use of such things as the 'two witness' ruling.

• Netty
    Netty
    stopwatches, whistles, and uncomfortable chairs, as well as having attendees stand rather than sit

I say the society implement these at once.

• potleg
    potleg

I met the challenge of long boring meetings... I stopped going.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Maybe I should have titled the thread: Challenging the Meeting at Meetings - While Asleep!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit