"Go to your assignments, and die there"

by Nathan Natas 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jourles
    Jourles

And you're being serious here. At first I thought you were talking about the recent bethel layoffs!

• parakeet
  • LDH
    LDH
    angry and tearful at the memory of those words

Belbab,

A big hug for you.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Here's a copy of Farkel's posting I mentioned earlier:

Re: Who Pays The Ferryman....? Old post 29-Jun-02 18:07
    Post 2830 of 7317
    since 14-Mar-01
    : Nathan Knorr's infamous remark to my wife many years ago when she asked him how he could sleep at night being aware of the pitted trail that the WTS left behind it, is very telling, "I leave these things to Jehovah to deal with". It shows the ease with which people can come to terms with the foulest deeds if they can pass on the responsibility to others.
    : In a post some months ago, after 9-11 disaster perpretrated by fanatics, I asked a question, Who said these words, Go to your assignments and DIE there if necessary? No one replied to ask me, and I forgot about the post til now.
    : The answer to the above question.
    : Nathan Homor Knorr, in a address to the 34th class of Gilead at South Lansing,in 1960, told the students, GO TO YOUR ASSIGNMENTS AND DIE THERE IF NECESSARY!

That must have really bothered good men like Art Worsley who literally gave his entire adult life to Bethel and hypocritical assholes like Knorr and his cronies. Before he died, Art told a friend of mine that he used to sometimes work the night desk and would see Nathan and Audrey and one or other couples come back very late from a night on the town at the swankest restaurants and clubs in Manhattan, with their exquisite tuxedos and gowns, smelling of good wine and cheer, and all the finest life has to offer.
    Yet, Knorr had no problem telling his slaves to
    GO TO YOUR ASSIGNMENTS AND DIE THERE IF NECESSARY
    while he lived like a king with his chauffered Cadillacs and personal body guards.
    If there is to be a judgment, it will weigh heavily on him and his ilk.
    Farkel
    Edited by - Farkel on 29 June 2002 18:7:42

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

If there is to be a judgment, it will weigh heavily on him and his ilk. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- amen.

• belbab
    belbab

Thanks parakeet for finding the post, I was just about to post the posts previous to Farkel's.

Thanks also to Hillery Step, he says it all.

Here is the reference again in case you missed it in Parakeets second post on this thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/28410/2.ashx

Also I remember another famous statement that I remember to this day, it also is mentionned on the board here somewhere.

It was made by one of the Gilead instructors, Jack Redford.

Referring to Gilead graduates in their assigments, he said: "A" STUDENTS CRACK UP FIRST!

Also at that graduation, Knorr gave a lengthy experience, of a brother that was so deficient in mental capacity that he didn't get a diploma. (to be a registered school, with the goverment all students have to meet a certain standard and diplomas are issued.) He was sent to an easy assignment in South America where he brought umpteen thousand sheep into the fold.

"A" students get the tough assignments. How would you like to be assigned to the Muslim holy land. Pak means holy, stan means country. When I was there only one Muslim ever converted to Jaydom. All the other hundred or so came from Anglo-Indians or nominal Christians. That's the amount of increase from the days of Russell when the first JWs or Bible students arrived their in the British Colony of that time.

belbab

belbab

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Wow, this might make it into my speech too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit