Rugby: Lions or All Blacks?

by jimakazi 28 Replies latest jw friends

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Are there any Brits [English, Irish, Welsh, or Scotts = The LIONS ] on the site partial to the game of Rugby?

For those with no idea what Rugby is - It's a little like American football, without the stops, without the protective gear, played in winter, in the rain, hail and sleet [well last Saturday anyway]. 15 players to a side on the field at a time [unless someone is yellow cards or red carded]. Two 40 minute periods of intesnse physical competition.

The second of the 3 international tests will be Saturday NZ time, her in Wellington NZ. We are being unindated with the "Barmy Army" wearing red and attempting to drink the bars dry.

Any one game to predict the score? I'm betting on a win by the NZ Allblacks [isn't it fun to be able to place a bet!]

Loose connection to JW type topics: this was the game I could not play on Saturday when we were no part of the world - ironically OK for Dad and all the other JW men to watch it on TV.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    this was the game I could not play on Saturday when we were no part of the world

Yep, I wus there.

I give the Poms better odds of drinking a pub dry than us Kiwis.

But I'll give them a bloody good run for their money.

Cheers

Chris

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Hi Blacksheep

Good to see another kiwi - as I've found some kiwi's on this here are virtual kiwi's. Anyway are you going to get to one of the games?

I got 'free' tickets to the Wellington / Lions game. It was fun but cold and wet so I'm going to watch on Saturday on the 43" with a roaring fire and plenty of DB Export dry during the game, with 42 below Vodka & Kahlua [black Russians] to celebrate the AllBlacks win.

Jimakazi

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Jimakazi,

TV grandstand for me. Waikato for the game and moonshine to celebrate the win.

Chris

Bay of Plenty

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Waikato?

I last had that when I was a teanager training to be a Telecoms Technician in Hamilton, the hotel was the "Grand Central".

Enjoy the game - it would appear that Brit ex JW's do not follow rugby, or are too shocked by the Lions crushing defeat to comment. I was sure Crumpet would bite!

• luna2
    luna2

Is this the game where the ref at the goal area wears a white trench coat....or is that something else?

• jimakazi
    jimakazi
    Is this the game where the ref at the goal area wears a white trench coat....or is that something else?

Something else [A white trench coat?]. The USA does have a team that plays in the Rugby World cup - but it's not very big over there [yet]. The sport only went professional; about 10 years ago. I might put something rigby related as my Avatar.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Lions.... easily!!!!

• mad max
    mad max

I loveeeeeee my Rugby.

But for me is my SPRINGBOKS.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Im a massive rugby fan...my heart says Lions,but unfortunately i think we will lose this series.

At least Woodward is playing People in their correct positions in this game coming up, unlike the last one!Why was Jonny playing center?Where was Hensen??Why were there no Scots???(oh hang on he did something right)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit