Aluminum Chlorhydrate – Cause of Breast Cancer?

by zagor 53 Replies latest watchtower medical

• zagor
    zagor

I wanted to post another topic but this morning my girlfriend got this email that frightened a hell out her. A friend of hers from Europe says that she visited this Breast Cancer symposium; there she asked one of speakers why it is that most of cancers start underneath arms around armpit area.

Speaker later cautiously replied in private that it was because of Aluminum Chlorhydrate which is frequently found in Anti-Perspirants for women. I didn’t like her seeing that scared so I did some research of my own. And here is what I’ve come up with. In fact, I better just paste some of that so you can read for yourself and make additional research. I don’t like scaremongering (have had enough of that as a dub for 10 lifetimes) but it think this sound important enough to be known by a general public.

So here it goes. Would of course appreciate your input as it also concerns my gf, sister, mother and many more friend and family.

Aluminum Chlorhydrate

Aluminium compound, such as aluminium chlorohydrate or aluminium zirconium, which is very soluble, is used as an antiperspirant, that compound is readily absorbed. Once in the body, the aluminium portion of the molecule ionizes, forming free or radical aluminium (AI+++). This passes freely across cell membranes, and forms a physical plug, that when dissolved is selectively absorbed by the liver, kidney, brain, cartilage and bone marrow. It is this concentration of aluminium that has been the source of concern in the medical community and has prompted the research being done on ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE and BREAST CANCER victims. Potassium alum molecules have a negative ionic charge, making it unable to pass through the cell wall. THEY ARE NOT ABSORBED. This is why we recommend the use of Deodorant stones they are safe to use and will not cause high levels of ALUMINIUM in your systems. ALUM and ALUMINIUM are two different substances, with distinct chemical signatures. They possess different chemical properties which create different chemical attributes. The chemical formula for potassium alum is K2SO4AI2(SO4)3·24H2O. Potassium alum is a colorless substance that forms octahedral or cubic crystal

Chemicals used as Preservatives Detected in Human Breast Tumours Research News from Journal of Applied Toxicology

08 January 2004: New evidence to be published in the Journal of Applied Toxicology indicates that parabens, chemicals found in underarm cosmetics and other products, can be detected in human breast tumours. Previous suggestions have been made that certain components of underarm cosmetics may contribute to the rising incidence of breast cancer. Although the connection has yet to be proven, this research represents an important link that will be crucial to further investigations.

Researchers studied samples of 20 different human breast tumours, measuring the concentration of parabens in the tissue. Intact parabens were detected in the samples, with a mean concentration of 20.6 ng per gram of tissue. The parabens were detected in their ester form rather than metabolite form, which suggests that the route of entry was topical and not oral. Dr Philippa Darbre, lead author of the study, explains the significance of the results: "Parabens are used as preservatives in thousands of cosmetic, food and pharmaceutical products but this is the first study to show their accumulation in human tissues. It demonstrates that if people are exposed to these chemicals, then the chemicals will accumulate in their bodies. Their detection in human breast tumours is of concern since parabens have been shown to be able to mimic the action of the female hormone oestrogen and oestrogen can drive the growth of human breast tumours. It would therefore seem especially prudent to consider whether parabens should continue to be used in such a wide range of cosmetics applied to the breast area (including antiperspirants/deodorants)." T

he results of this study are significant and very important, however they must be interpreted with caution. Dr Philip Harvey, European Editor of the journal and author of a leading editorial piece states "Dr Darbre has forwarded a logical hypothesis and called for further research into the potential link between chemicals used in underarm cosmetics and breast cancer. Unlike diffuse environmental exposures to xenoestrogens, the use of underarm cosmetics presents a special case because of the direct application to the skin. The finding of parabens in human tumours is important because it shows that these extraneous weakly oestrogenic chemicals can be detected in the breast and are therefore absorbed. It is clear that these compounds serve no useful purpose in human tissue but further research is required to confirm their route of disposition, persistence and whether they can cause harm. Finally, Dr Darbre and colleagues fully peer reviewed finding of parabens in tumour samples does not imply causality of the tumour and further work is required to examine any association between oestrogenic, and other, chemicals in underarm cosmetics and breast cancer." -------------------------------------------------------

Notes to Editors

Harvey P W and Everett D J. Editorial: Significance of the Detection of Esters of p - Hydroxybenzoic Acid (Parabens) in Human Breast Tumours. Journal of Applied Toxicology. Vol 24, 2004, p. 1-4 (www.interscience.wiley.com/journal/jat)

Darbre P D, Aljarrah A, Miller W R, Coldham N G, Sauer M J, and Pope G S. Concentrations of Parabens in Human Breast Tumours. Journal of Applied Toxicology. Vol 24, 2004, p. 5-13 (www.interscience.wiley.com/journal/jat)

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I am too busy at the moment to digest your post but this chemical gets implicated a lot i'll be back later.

• luna2
    luna2

I've heard a bit about this before somewhere. I even went and bought natural deodorant and tried it...it doesn't work well, but maybe I should give it another shot. Wonder where I put it?

• jgnat
    jgnat

This smells of urban legend. Here is what the Canadian Cancer Society has to say about it.

http://www.bc.cancer.ca/ccs/internet/standard/0,3182,3278_369413__langId-en,00.html

A friend of mine asked me if I had heard that women get many more breast cancers than men. "I would expect so", I replied, "We have a lot more breast tissue."

• blondie
    blondie

I remember this legend at the KH from years ago, 40 in fact. Isn't this part of the lore behind the WTS aluminum scare back in the days of Woodworth?

Blondie

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

How well does your girlfriend know this european friend? I've seen this a few times on scaremonger emails over the last four years, but heard it is just a scam and there is no evidence linking deoderant to breast cancer....

• zagor
    zagor

Crumpet,
    they know each other since university days 6y ago, and by the sound of it are good friends. Never saw her though. I don't know.

Blondie,
    I know that blondie but this sounds something completely different. I have to investigate it further. However, this is not about aluminum but about aluminum chlorhydrate which is something completely different. I think we all may fall in a trup of rejecting some idea just because it was also published in WTBS literature. They are not such brainiacs anyway, most of the time they take information from somewhere else.

• zagor
    zagor

I mean whatever you think of it to me it deserves to be investigated further. I'm finding more and more info about it...
    Here's one more which seems to be summarizing well what others are saying also.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Cancer and heart disease have increased from very low levels up to about the late 1920's to the point that they each strikes around 40% of the population in the Western industrialised world and many people suspect that this is due to the invasion of our food and general environment by man made chemicals (food additives, pesticides, car exhaust fumes etc etc)so they deeply mistrust anything synthetic and not found in nature.

It is conceivable that governments know a lot more about the causes of these diseases than they are willing to admit.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Cancer rates are rising because we hardly ever die young any more. Cancer is largely an old people's disease.

Our ancestors could die from a cut on the hand (sepsis, no antibiotics), pneumonia (no antibiotics), polio or smallpox (no vaccinations), rickets (no vitamins) or "consumption" (pneumonia or cancer).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit