Played with a ouija for the first time. You'll NEVER guess what happened!

by scotsman 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    the spirits don't like having the piss taken

Is that some sort of Scottish idiom with which my own Scottish ancestry has left me unfamiliar? Or were you actually peeing on the Ouija board? In which case, no wonder the spirits didn't respond!!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Your were turned into a newt?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

When I was a kid, our neighbors had one. It would spell out all kinds of swear words, and sometimes move all by itself. So finally one day I was sitting there, and the two kids playing asked "who are you?" It spelled "Satan"! I flew out of that house so quick! Still to this day I wont let one in my house.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

There is a psychological phenomenon called "automatic writing" (ideomotor writing from the subconscious mind usually in a fully-alert state). It can occur with the use of an object, such as a seeing stone, ouija board, crystal ball, etc., or it can occur without the use of such an object. Whole novels and poems have been written this way (check out some of the stuff by "Patience Worth"). The same phenomenon occurs without any putative supernatural mediation and in rather prosaic contexts; it has also been experimentally observed. For instance, a person would be asked to solve a crossword puzzle in the newspaper and then be asked to write an obituary and it would match almost exactly the obituaries that were in the perpheral vision of the crossword puzzle (printed on the same page).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_writing

• rem
    rem

I know that if I were in that situation I would not be able to resist the temptation to cheat. It would be fun! It's not hard to see through the bottom of a blindfold if it is not fastened correctly.

rem

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

nice, leolaia, thanks!

TS

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    the spirits don't like having the piss taken

Is that some sort of Scottish idiom with which my own Scottish ancestry has left me unfamiliar? Or were you actually peeing on the Ouija board? In which case, no wonder the spirits didn't respond!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! hahahaha, hehehe.... oh my goodness you're a cure... don't you use that expression in the USA?? i had always thought it was universal...

"to take the piss" means "to tease or make fun of someone" or "to mock, to ridicule, to humiliate"

Its not unique to Scotland, we too down in England use it also...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

to take the piss" means to yank your chain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit