Played with a ouija for the first time. You'll NEVER guess what happened!

by scotsman 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• scotsman
    scotsman

Nothing. Aside from much hilarity.

Our host insisted that the spirits don't like having the piss taken so didn't appear, the sensitive wee souls that they are.

Yet another barrier broken.

(credits to Nicolaou)

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

LMAO!

There's a theme developing here, can you tell what it is children

iggy.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

ha ha!

nice, scotsman.

i played around with one a while back. i decided to test it whilst blindfolded, while someone else recorded the output. and it (er..i mean, i) couldn't even spell "yes" or "no" correctly.

• scotsman
    scotsman

It was like the scene from Blithe Spirit and we could barely contain ourselves whenever she asked "Is there anbody there?" followed by a lilting Scottish "Helloooo?" It seems that the two unbelievers were more powerful than the two believers and however many spirits were present in the room's ether.

For a brief moment I thought I felt ectoplasm on my lips but it was a Charlotte Church aka a Cheeky Vimto - two parts port to one part WKD.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lmao!

What? Didn't you know that you must BELIEVE in a spirit before you can observe it?

Anyone seen the Invisible Pink Unicorn lately? I can't seen to find her and she owes be ten bucks.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I do believe in spooks! I do believe in spooks! I do believe in spooks! I do believe in spooks! I do believe in spooks! I do I do I do I do I do (cowardly lion)

• georgefoster
    georgefoster

I'm a skeptic about the supernatural. As a child, raised evangelical Christian, I had various spooky experiences to which I attributed some spiritual or supernatural cause. I now dismiss those experiences as purely emotional. However...

In college two friends and I took a quija board into a dorm room. The two friends were blindfolded and I was instructed to take down the message. They circled the board and began stopping on letters, which I was recording. They actually began spelling out words: I don't remember exactly the words, but it included obscenities and telling us to stop. I got freaked out and told them to stop; the two blindfolded guys were freaked out and we got rid of that thing. The experience was real. I know we were anticipating something to happen, so maybe we all just got worked up. I don't know. It's the one "supernatural" type experience I can't say was 100% phony.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

that's interesting george. i would be intersted in working out the probability of spelling words while blindfolded, based on the layout of the board.

i wonder if anyone has done this yet?

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    i would be intersted in working out the probability of spelling words while blindfolded, based on the layout of the board.

Unless you've spent days learning exactly how far you'd have to movie the planchette to get to the desired letter, I'd think it's not very probable, especially with two people on opposite sides of the board. When we type we often go by the feel of the keys to pinpoint the position of the desired letter, but you can't really do that on a Ouija board.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I remember as a kid my neighbours playing with a ouija board. It freaked me out because I thought the demons would come into my house and get me. That, of course, was right after the WTS did a big article about spiritism and how the demons would break people's necks who defied them (or something like that).

Scary stuff for a 10 year old.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit