Can you refute these?

by Mary Phooty 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doogie
    doogie
    Those options are not mutually exclusive.

haha. you make a good point.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    I wish there were no pain in my life.

Willy - If you find the origin of your pain you can eradicate it. It wasn't until I let go of the botchtower teacings that fear and pain began to subside for me. I then began to look within and find out why I was still carrying all that hurt around ... it's about self-discovery. If I can't understand myself then how can I be effective in life? Question: If your faith in the bible is so sure then why the pain anyway??? Why do Christians accept pain and suffering as a way of life? I don't believe it's supposed to be that way ... at least not for me.

• willy_think
    willy_think
    it's about self-discovery

Amen, amen

I'm not a Christian at the moment, thinking on it now, I seem to be an atheist. but my beliefs are fluid. My goal is like yours, to live an examined life. I don’t think we can escape pain or suffering with any belief system. Death, rejection, hunger, loss are part of the game.

ty

willy

• myelaine
    myelaine

sweet tee,

We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren, he who does not love his brother abides in death. Whoever hates his brother is a murder, and you know that no murder has eternal life abiding in him. By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoever has this world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?

My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. And by this we know that we are of truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. For our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.

Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God.

love michelle

this is found in 1 John 1:5- 2:10 and it was relevant. out of the heart the mouth speaks right? If you would deny me the opportunity to tell people about God's saving grace, and do nothing but "bitch" what does that say about your heart? I don't have to know the depths of your heart if you wear it on your sleeve. that's all I'm saying. As well. I have "preached against the WBTS and the entity behind it. You could see that if you would look.

love-love-love-love-michelle p.s. Jesus said:"He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters. And so I will tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men,but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. I, personally, must tell you these things about my Savior. I'm sorry if you don't like it.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Santa Claus said if I was good I would get presents.

I was great all year last year, ALL F'ING YEAR, and what did I get? That's right...JACK SQUAT!

The tooth fairy...no show for 20 years now.

Easter Bunny...nuff said

Last time anyone saw "God" or "Jesus"?

• myelaine
    myelaine

Song of Solomon 8:7

Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned.

michelle

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

"p.s. Jesus said:"He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters. And so I will tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men,but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. I, personally, must tell you these things about my Savior. I'm sorry if you don't like it".

Goddamit Michelle, Elaine or what the hell your name is, you`re really starting to piss me off! The stuff you wrote above is exactly the same crap that could have come out of a JWs mouth! There is really NO difference between you and them. Well, you believe in the holy trinity and that christ is god and some other things, but thats just theological differences. Yours, and their minds, works in the exact same repulsive way. Right, apparently you`re not going to go away, but please realise that you`re not going to "save" anyone here.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

*****I don't have to know the depths of your heart if you wear it on your sleeve. that's all I'm saying.
    Ah...how easy for you. YOU aren't judging, you are "just calling them as you see them"? You know what we call this kind of person? A BIGOT.

****As well. I have "preached against the WBTS and the entity behind it. You could see that if you would look.
    Ah, and we haven't "preached against the WBTS"....so you get a free pass for your clergy work?!? The almighty Michelle has suffered so much therefore you get a free pass? NOT.

****I, personally, must tell you these things about my Savior. I'm sorry if you don't like it.
    Ah, see now it's back to YOU DO NO WRONG, it is US that have the problem. Typical Fundy blinded by their own hypocrisy.
    *****Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling sorry for myself, but so far(almost 1 year) anything I have said seems to get the response...yeh, whatever...
    I looked at your first dozen or so posts.....here's a few fun posts from you......
    ****FYI I am presently being a willful child but I am ever mindful of the fact that my Father has set the direction. His will is being done through me not by my.
    ****He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters.--Matthew 12:30
    ****Anyone that is not promoting kingdom interests(belief in The Heavenly Father) does not gather God's children, he scatters them.
    ****If I could be God for a day I would come back.
    ****De 7:8-9 The commandment refered to is found in De 6:4-5
    ****god-thingy - TRUE GOD
    not knowing - all-knowing
    not necessarily all good - All Good
    maybe just is things - TRUE GOD
    Think about what you are saying. Make a choice. Your life depends on it.

From perusing your first few dozen posts I am calling bullshite on your "I tried to be real for a year but no one was interested". See Jesus took a REAL interest in people. He wanted to know what THEY THOUGHT and FELT. He didn't pontificate AT his pupils....he taught his pupils by understanding them and their background.

So either GET REAL with us or stopping blasting the board with stupid scripture. I would prefer and honest "I feel this way about ________________" any day of the week versus what you post. You act as if you are above us HEATHENS and you are trying to deperately save our souls and ACT like you really care, when in fact you seem to only care about appearances and looking down your nose at us "non-belivers".

If you HONESTLY feel this way about your lord savior...... you think you'd be more interested in RESULTS rather than sitting on your arse, posting crap on the computer to folks who don't like being preached at.

EvilForce - Of the getting off soapbox class and going for a nice glass of Malbec

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

That`s right, EvilForce. I wish I could keep my head cool enough when encountering people like that, to be able to say it like you said it, logically and analytical. I just get pissed off and sink down to their level. Good job!

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I'm right there with you hellrider. Evil summed it up well. I do feel for her though ... left the b0rg but not the mindset behind .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit