Who is Ray Franz???

by susu812 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

Who is Ray Franz? Someone who has given so many of us freedom from the chains of guilt and blindness from the WTS. Read his book Crisis of Conscience, you will see what I mean.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    I have yet to recieve my copy of CoC, (Amazon have taken 3 weeks to deliver my copy, and it's still not arrived),

Cancel your order, and get it directly from Commentary Press instead. It will come much faster (plus Ray will get a few more bucks, since Amazon charges 40-50% commission).

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    so is he exposing some secrets of the society?

Ask yourself what you know about the Governing Body. All Witnesses have some idea of what the GB is like, what happens at their meetings, how they make decisions, and so on. But on what do they base their ideas? The Society itself publishes absolutely nothing about the way things are actually carried out on the top. There is a reason for this.

Ray's book describes calmly and with superb documentation exactly what happens behind those closed doors. It relates some of the key decisions the GB made during Ray's time on it, and the far-reaching effects those decisions had on the rank-and-file Witnesses that recieved them.

If nothing else, it should permanently and thoroughly shatter any illusions you might have about the way the GB operates. It is an incredibly moving book. I personally find it difficult to conceive of a person who would not be affected seriously by it.

SNG

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Im in the middle of reading CoC at the mo- fantastic book!!!! As a former JW it will absolutely blow your socks off!!!!

• Gozz
    Gozz

I recall one of the first mentions I'd heard of Ray Franz in a Kingdom Hall. There was a WT Study on Apostasy, or some related topic, and this elder made a comment along the line of:

".... no one is beyond falling away... in fact, a former member of the Governing Body, one of the annointed, who is also a fleshly brother to another Governing Body member was thorougly deceived and fell away and became an apostate,a nd has since then been writing books against the Society ...".

Dumb comment; nice comment. He was wrong about the fleshly brother bit, but he apparently did a lot to help a few inquisitive brothers think. A brother asked him the name of the GB member, he mentioned Franz. Searching for "Franz" and other keywords on Alta vista threw up some excerpts from the CoC... I don't think he did it on purpose - he's still a faithful JW; but comments like this are good in jolting inquisitive JWs to life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit