Who is Ray Franz???

by susu812 14 Replies latest jw friends

• susu812
    susu812

ok i have no idea who Ray Franz is and i have seen many threads that talk baout him but my only access to a comp. is here at work and I can't really search for info too much--can someone help explain who he is and what he has done? sorry i'm a newbie here :)

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Ray Franz is a former member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses and nephew of the late President of the Watchtower Society, Fred Franz. He got disfellowshipped in 1981 and has written a book called "Crisis of Conscience" (CoC), which has helped many to see the "Truth" for what it really is and exposed some of the secret workings of the Governing Body. I have yet to recieve my copy of CoC, (Amazon have taken 3 weeks to deliver my copy, and it's still not arrived), but i'm immensly looking forward to reading it. Ray is apparently a lovely guy and it is said that his book is not at all written in a bitter style. He is plagued with guilt for all the negative, destructive things he contributed to as a member of the Governing Body.

• greendawn
    greendawn

He had certain disagreements with the governing body and they decided to get rid of him. He was disfelowshipped by three elders for eating with another disfellowshipped person and those tight jerks in Brooklyn compensated him with just $10000 even though he had worked his butt off for their org.

• Celia
    Celia

He was disfellowshiped for eating with a df. friend of his in a restaurant.... The remaining GB members didn't have any reason to df him, but they had to find one.... Ray knew too much, they had to make sure that all JWs around the world wouldn't listen to what he had to say...

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    disfelowshipped by three elders for eating with another disfellowshipped person

And this disfellowshipped person was both his boss and his landlord, by the way.

Kwin

• susu812
    susu812

so is he exposing some secrets of the society? like what? if anyone knows any--very interested--just got df'd myself so i am trying to do some research but i don't have a lot of tools i can use

• Celia
    Celia

Read his book Crisis of Conscience.... You will learn a lot... You can order it there :

http://www.commentarypress.com/

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Heya susu.. order this book, trust me. It'll change you're life for the better.

GBL

• greendawn
    greendawn

More specifically he came to believe that the WTS was a very faulty human organisation rather than a genuine biblically based faith. At about the same time after an intensive witchhunt another dozen people were disfel/ed and expelled from Bethel for the same reason. They wanted to study just the Bible without any WTS publications.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

-ithinkisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit