I Saw Dubs.... In 80+ Degrees at 11:00 AM Today In Full Uniform

by HappyDad 16 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

For the first time in over a year..........maybe longer.............I saw dubs in FS at 11:00 AM today as I was about to enter a local eatery for lunch. I just had to stop and watch them for a couple of minutes with mixed feelings. These feelings went from loathing to pity.......no iota of guilt on my part though!

Two bros. were across the street standing on a porch with a lady. I knew they were not Mormons because there is a difference in their bearing when doing their work. Most Mormons...if they carry a briefcase have the ones with shoulder straps, or just no briefcase at all. Just their bible and whatever! Dubs like the briefcases that pull their arms out of their sockets. These bros. were in "full" suits as well. And it was HOT. It still is!

At least the Mormon's have enough sense to just wear their white shirts without the jackets when it is hot!

These were bros in about their 30's or late 20's. I just had to stand there and stare because this was in the territory that belongs to my next to the last KH I attended, but I did not recognize them. I had heard about 2-3 years ago that my former KH had a big shakeup change and other young bros were brought in from the local area to cover up the bad blood build up the KH.

Anyhow......I just shook my head and went into the nice air conditioned place and relaxed for awhile.

HappyDad (of the no longer sweating to the oldies class.......GB that is)!

• JH
    JH

Now, what normal person will want to join their cult, seeing that themselves in return will have to do the same thing, if they accept a bible study...

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I saw some dubs in the chinese buffet a couple weekends ago. I knew they who they were by the assembly badges they were still wearing. I gave the sister's boob the squinty eyed stare. (that's were the badge was) She looked at me like this........I leaned a little closer...then she realized what I was looking off. The next time I saw her at the buffet the badge was gone.....

• hubert
    hubert
    In 80+ Degrees at 11:00 AM Today In Full Uniform

Ha, ha ! Full uniform ! That's extremely funny !!!

Hubert

• Scully
    Scully
    I gave the sister's boob the squinty eyed stare. (that's were the badge was) She looked at me like this........I leaned a little closer...then she realized what I was looking off. The next time I saw her at the buffet the badge was gone.....

Maybe she was just hoping that you (or Jehovah) wouldn't notice how many times she went back to the buffet line??

Must.... not.... bring.... reproach.....!!! Buffet

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

You people crack me up. I'm so happy to not feel guilty anymore that I despise feeling like a vacuum cleaner salesman, talking to strangers who have no interest in the Jehoovers Witlesses.

• blondie
    blondie

This is so ridiculous. I know of people who have been JW missionaries in tropical climates who wear shorts, sandals, and short sleeve shirts (men) and the women wear cotton shifts and sandals to stay cool.

A couple were visiting one summer on a 90 degree day and the brother had on a short sleeve shirt. The local brothers were saying he had to wear a suit. He whipped out his pictures and showed how sensible people dressed in this missionary assignment. So the local brothers all took off their suitcoats.

Sounds like they need a visit from a missionary.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes it in the 90s at the moment here and brothers still wear full suitcoats

• Honesty
    Honesty

But, they're proving Satan a liar.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Boy - that is one thing I do not miss at all.

I can still recall the discomfort of a full suit and tie in this hot weather - I think about those poooooor brothers when I am in my shorts on those hot days. I have not had a suit on in almost two years now...... the poor miserable bas****s.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit