A Common Dub Type?: The henpecked ubm who joins because of his nagging wife

by Check_Your_Premises 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I have been around enough to recognize certain patterns in dub membership. For instance there is a very common situation, where a dub gets df, marries a worldy promising never to return, has a kid, gets reinstated, and then we have to console some poor sob who shows up here trying to figure out what the hell just happened to his/her life. I think I have isolated another common dub type; the weenie husband, whose wife joins, and then he joins too because his wife wears the pants and he does what he is told.
    The specimen in question displays the following common traits: 1. The woman was abused. She is careful to marry a weenie, since she naturally doesn't want some tyrant ruling over her. Yet living under a tyrant is strangely comfortable for her since that is how she grew up, and wearing the pants all the time can be a little unnerving, so she joins a cult. 2. The weenie husband joins because his wife wants him to, because he was picked by her for his ability to do as he is told. 3. Later if that same woman wakes up and leaves, the weenie also leaves. So is this fairly common in your observations? Could we put this down as a common dub classification? What would be a good name for this sad shell of a man? Maybe some Road-Runner type name like, "weenimus-maximus door-knockerus"? CYP Censer Watchtower esse delendam slow-steady-deliberate-relentless

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin
    So is this fairly common in your observations? Could we put this down as a common dub classification? What would be a good name for this sad shell of a man?

Yes, Yes, and Some of them wind up with old gray dead skin. We could call them aliens

HCM

• minimus
    minimus

Interesting....It seems to me that there are a lot of hen-pecked husbands out there and they probably don't even know it. No wonder they're alcoholics.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I observed a lot of henpecked JW husbands, but not ones that converted because their wife did.

More common (at least in my experience) are situations where a "worldly" guy becomes a JW by way of a romantic involvement with a nice-looking JW sister.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Yes, and Eve made Adam eat the apple. It's all her fault.

Yeah, right. And what statistics have you been looking at? Women who have been abused tend to pick a guy that's abusive, too.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I'm starting to notice a trend around here, and I am happy as hell about it!

JV'

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Dan,

Ok, so maybe a more accurate classification would be the guy who joins because of womanly coersion. The example I cited would be because she is a nag and he is a weenie. Your example would be more of a p-whipped type.

So our genus is "converted-him door-knockerus" with two species known species of "weenimus maximus" and "weenimus whippidus".

This is fun.

My reasoning is PURELY inductive, and completely irreverant (aka don't take me seriously). These are things I have observed. These are true statements in that they are self reporting. I know that women who are abused tend to find husbands who are abusive. I have noticed on my own though, that many such women also tend towards men who let them wear the pants. That is all I am saying. No statistics cited.

And I never once assigned blame for this type of dub getting dunked. If I were, I would place the responsibility soley on the guy. If anything, I thought I would get some grief for making so much fun of these types of guys. I don't think it was Eve's fault either by the way. On the other hand, you can't deny that women generally are naturally equipped and accomplished at manupulating the simplistic male mind.

My own wife makes quite a sport of seeing if she can totally enrage me, and then through the proper application of her womanly wiles, make me completely forget about whatever it was she did, literally within seconds. It is something we laugh about. CYP Censer Watchtower esse delendam slow-steady-deliberate-relentless

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

yeah, I'm just bitchy today. Probably PMS.

• hubert
    hubert
    2. The weenie husband joins because his wife wants him to, because he was picked by her for his ability to do as he is told.
    3. Later if that same woman wakes up and leaves, the weenie also leaves.

Yes, and yes !!!!

You are describing my brother-in-law, and my son-in-law !!!

I have a nephew that told his wife, 'You will not get involved with this cult", and so she didn't.

I wish my son-in-law had his guts. editted to add: Well , I won't make any female friends tonight.

Hubert

• hubert
    hubert

What's a ubm? Unbaptized masturbator?

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit