New Publication Study Group - Let Us Prepare

by lawrence 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lawrence
    lawrence

Love the latest Service Meeting study on line, and the T.M.S. as well, Blondie's Watchtower study is truly great. So who is signing up to do the newest book study? Hell, we as a group, can study the book before the KHs, and then when the JWs come to this board, they can get the answers for the Tuesday quiz. The Apostle Paul said we should be prepared. Let Us Prepare!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes the Daniel book provides some real gems of laughter also- you need to see Farkels rebuttal of part of it - hilarious and brilliant

• lawrence
    lawrence

Yes. A commentary on each of their books would be amazing, then again a few weeks in a looney bin is no different. Maybe the Ax-Man will do a commentary?

• jgnat
    jgnat

It was bad the first time. But twice? Do Siskel and Ebert revisit a movie that gets two thumbs down? Farkel's "Daniel 8 for Dummies" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/18456/1.ashx

• luna2
    luna2

jgnat, that Farkel link was great! I especially enjoyed the comment by Pureheart:

First of all, the average JW doesn’t care about all of that interpretation because they do not understand it. Second of all, they don’t have to learn it because they do not care. Thirdly, when changes are made, they do not know the difference. Fourthly, if they were asked a question by some intellectual in the door to door work concerning these prophecies they would say, “let me research this and I will get back to you.” After leaving the door they will say to their companion, “he is a goat and I am not wasting my time.”
    Appreciate all of that fine research Farkel.

Pureheart

How true is that?! LOL

I'm looking forward to any discussion you guys want to have about any of the WTS publications. All I remember from when we did the Daniel book in bookstudy was the big headache it gave me.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Frankly I would love to share my meager thoughts on the study material each week. But, even more so I would love to hear what others' thoughts are on the material. It would be great if I could pick up some little nuggets of information I could use in my own situation.

So, although not willing to lead a discussion I will participate. I would be willing, however, to start a thread each week that highlights what verses in Daniel will be discussed. It won't contain the text of the book, but it could still be useful.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Since this publication has already been studied, I'll not underline/prepare for it. I hardly ever attend the book study meeting anyway.

I remember liking the book when we first studied it back then. Gosh, how things change!

DY

• nowuask
    nowuask

It's time again! Another boring book!! Just to make us feel like fools. More glory for them & none for us. A movie once said " All for one & more for me". They will drop a couple of thousands before this one is over. I will try to miss as many as I can. (zzzzzz)

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

It is done ... and will be done. I'll take this mantle. I'll just post the lesson each week. I'll make commentary when I have time:

Book Study Week 1 (6/28): Pay Attention To Daniel's Prophecy
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/93417/1.ashx

-ithinkisee

• lawrence
    lawrence

ithinkIsee-

thanks! BTW, found a used Daniel book at a Yonge Street bookstore for a buck. No tax, no bag. 1999 version, never read. Okay, I'm here for the haul. Let us prepare!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit