S*its about to hit the fan with my in-laws

by pratt1 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29
    I feel that this is a huge violation of her sister's trust and I also agree that since grandma refuses to talk with her daughter, then she should not see this child unless the mother is present.

OMG. You have the right instinct, but getting your wife to see that viewpoint might prove troublesome; I hope not. Getting the idea expressed in a way that she can be open to is important; not so much of what you say, but HOW.

Good luck.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Howdy, Howard.

How are you? Welcome to the forum.

Jeannie

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Tell Granny to reread the words of the True Prophet of God for he has spoken thus:

"Another sort of loss may be felt by loyal Christian grandparents whose children have been disfellowshipped. They may have been accustomed to visiting regularly with their children, giving them occasion to enjoy their grandchildren. Now the parents are disfellowshipped because of rejecting Jehovah’s standards and ways. So things are not the same in the family. Of course, the grandparents have to determine if some necessary family matters require limited contact with the disfellowshipped children. And they might sometimes have the grandchildren visit them. How sad, though, that by their unchristian course the children interfere with the normal pleasure that such grandparents enjoyed!" w83 1/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers

Her "unchristian" Daughter has the right to tell her to "take a hike" and the Gov. Body is telling Granny HANDS OFF!

So tell her to be a good Jahonadab and stay clear of those Baal priests like her daughter.

Tell wifey that she's telling her sis, I DONT RESPECT YOU AND I CANT BE TRUSTED WITH YOUR CHILD. Granny has rules to follow tell her if she's gonna fall on the sword for the Lord she should take it to the hilt!

Move on.

Wasanelder Once

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Coming at it from an entirely different angle, perhaps your wife could tell her sister that she's reconsidering having her niece visit since their mother is putting increasing pressure on her to arrange a visit and she (your wife) is having a terrible time being in the middle?

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

reconsidering having her niece visit

i'd also go that way. and next time your niece visits i wouldn't tell mil.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Good luck, pratt1. What a great hypocritcal situation for your MIL, eh? (like most things JW).

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    I will talk with her at the right time over the next few days and hopefully the adage" Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." will resonant with her.

I find that response simply arrogant. For a jw, what you would have done to you is a variety of abuse that is unnacceptable. Typical of that spirit is the inability to recognise and respect the 'sacred' of the other.

"Love God and your neighbor as yourself", is not, "deal with your neighbor in the same way as you deal with yourself (at best)"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

What peoples do not recognise their responsibility in this matter ? To take a child somewhere in subterfuge ?

And then I realised - a t first I thought your post was a trolling post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit