Could the Spirit world have helped your exit from the religion?

by free2beme 20 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Boy, this might be that can of worms I meant to keep closed!

I was thinking about something though and wondered what your thoughts might be. If you believe in angels, the spirit realm, spirit guides or spirits of loved ones that have crossed. Do you wonder how much they might have affected your exit from the religion? Did certian information come to light more, when loved ones passed? Did certian topics spark your interest for no reason that lead to paths that found your seeing the light of the Witness religion? Maybe the Witnesses would want the word "demon" included in my list of possible spirit world bodies. Yet when I conclude on what I know now about life, and what I knew then, I would say that something higher and more loving was involved to get me out of that religion and not something like a supposed demon.

What do you think?

(Preparing for the skeptic! )

• skyman
    skyman

If there is an after life I have found my self thinking my dead witness friends must be proud of me.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey free2beme,

all the things you mention are, of course, easily achieved without the intervention of any spirit creatures. it's all about interpretation. i was amazed at how my deconversion went as well, but in my world, i really only have myself to thank for it. you should give yourself more credit!

(Preparing for the skeptic! )

lol, you know that i never leave my terminal, don't you?

cheerio free,

TS

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    If there is an after life I have found my self thinking my dead witness friends must be proud of me.

LOL skyman! that's awesome. i'll never forget that one...

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

Indeed some informations came to light more, when my father died but I can't say that it was caused by the influence of a spirit. I just found out how cruel and hypocrite it was when I saw that two of my sisters who are still in the org had to shun my mother because she dissacioted herself. My father and my mother were inactive since more than 3 years and there was no problem with it until my father died. After this, the elder started to harass my mother. She had only one choice left if she wanted to stop the harassment and it was dissasociation.

• Frog
    Frog
    I would say that something higher and more loving was involved to get me out of that religion and not something like a supposed demon.

I'm with tetrapod, you should give yourself more credit for getting you out. No doubt it was one of the most difficult periods in your life, and when the org becomes exposed to you there's a real sense of euphoria about all the new information that you are taking in from around you. It almost seems that this new information is being guided to you, as though someone was looking out for you and giving it to you at the right time. The truth is that the information was there all the time, it just took the right state of mind for you to be able to see it. If you're an optimistic person by nature, someone who respects and loves life, you will always feel that you are blessed and all the good things you receive are gifts. Truth is that if you put good vibes out there, you will get them back. Not so much talking about Kharma, but about human relationships. If you're optimistic, self-aware and generous by nature you will always see the good, and the people in your life will give back two-fold frog

• Netty
    Netty

Who knows, Free2beme, its possible. After leaving the dubs, I am trying to open my mind up to things that were preached to be such taboo, you know what I mean? But my mind can feel a little bit soughtered shut at times.

Something happened to me in the hospital, after the birth of my son. When I tell the story to my (non-jw friends) they tell me it was my guardian angel. I feel real good to be at this point, free enough to entertain the thought at least, even if I'm not 100% convinced.

Here's 2 u, free2beme!

• greendawn
    greendawn

The jws claim that God's angels are guiding them in their preaching and converting work whereas in fact it is the satanic angels that do it transformed into angels of light. Getting out of the org has to be assisted by god's real angels.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I think the same thing sometimes ... -ithinkisee

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

yes, the spirit world helped me losing my religion. because the religion suggests the existence of spirits while i don't see any.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit