Name things that you discovered that you wouldn't do without anymore

by JH 82 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i prefer manual transmission..thats what i learned on.... lil red chevette circa 1982..a classic lol

• kls
    kls
    KLS you most surely must be kidding, right? You drive hot rods and don't run a manny trans?

No Prop i am not kidding Who wants to teach me are ya ascared.

• JH
    JH

I had many cars with manual transmission. Some I loved more than others. I remember one that had such a hard clutch pedal, that my foot was swollen, by constantly pressing on the hard clutch pedal. When I was at a red light, I had to put it in neutral, and let the clutch pedal go. No more....

• kls
    kls

Now you guys got me wanting to try again Really i will give you a helmetMy husband has 440 Challenger 1970 that is stick and i have never drove it ,can we all say ,ahhhhhhhh

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

jh..you ever have a manual trans. car that you always had to park on a hill so you could let it roll to start?....... drove a dodge charger for about 2 yrs.. the whole 2 yrs it would never start unless you let it rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll....

kls... give it another shot... get in a empty parking lot........say a KH on saturday afternoon lol.. and do some donuts!

• kls
    kls
    kls... give it another shot... get in a empty parking lot........say a KH on saturday afternoon lol.. and do some donuts!

Candid , i am sure you mean while it is letting out so the jws can give me pointers

• JH
    JH
    jh..you ever have a manual trans. car that you always had to park on a hill so you could let it roll to start?.......

Yes!!!!, my first car....A 1974 volks wagen. It had a starter problem, so I had to park it on top of a hill all the time. Then I let it go down the hill and started it by compresssion.

• Sith
    Sith

kls, try a little monkey booster seat, so you can see over the dashboard, and some blocks of wood strapped to your little monkey feet, so you can reach the pedals. Maybe an organ grinder in the back seat so you can get the shift-timing right.

• talesin
    talesin

kls, I will teach you! hehe, I have TONS of experience, and I taught my exhusband how to drive both auto and stick! and no yelling, I'm very patient ... though I may clutch the seat if you run any lights....

As for things I won't do without,,, Lay's potato chips and chocolate ... I've already given up more foods than most of y'all could eat, so DON'T TAKE AWAY MY LAY'S!!!

FMZ --- yah, 420 for me too! ... lol ... well, I wish, right now ....

oh yeah, and last but not least, a good malt scotch occasionally ... mmmmmmm

xo

tal

• prophecor
    prophecor

I'd 2 Teach you, all you need to do is treat your clutch pedal, just like it was a gas pedal, only in reverse. If you just get in the habit of releasing your foot ever so delicately, just as if it was the accelerator.

The first thing to learn how is to get the beast to move without sending you or your passengers into the back seat or the dash as you so eloquently mentioned. Just try little moments where someone is willing to suffer with you, and just practice getting the car to move.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit