Life was a game of make pretend!!!

by Tez 13 Replies latest jw friends

• TemperateWarrior
    TemperateWarrior

Hi Tez, It always takes a lot to put down thoughts and emotions that are so close to a person. I hope you make a speedy recovery from everything you went through. It's so wonderful that you had the love and courage to choose your children over an organization that has such a strangle-hold over its members. Don't feel bad that you weren't able to give Jehovah "exclusive devotion". It's impossible to do that according to the paramaters setup by the Watchtower Society. The demands that the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" puts on the people in the congregations are too much for anybody to fulfill for any length of time. It takes time, but something that was very theraputic for me was to research what the society taught what it teaches now, all the discrepancies that it has with itself, and how that contrasts with what the bible says. It didn't take long for me to find out that the Organization is not divinely directed, that it's headed up by fickle men creating doctrines then justifying their decisions with the bible, instead of letting the bible guide their decisions. -TW

• IronGland
    IronGland
    that must have taken an incredible amount of emotion and courage to write all that.

As well as an iron determination to not have more than 1 paragraph.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

TEZ,welcome.I think you made the right choice.Glad to have you.Thanks for the heartfelt post.STP

• Tez
    Tez

Thanks to all you lovely people for you kind messages. Think there are a lot of us with similar experiences! Shame we have had to bottle up for so long eh? That was the worst thing, not being able to discuss probs with people for fear of being classed as bad association!!!! Really enjoying this site and talking to so many 'really' genuine folk!

Thanks again, it means so much!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit