There were some good things about the organisation...

by Do I Stand Alone? 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Do I Stand Alone?
    Do I Stand Alone?

I have read a number of experiences in this discussion forum and quite frankly, I would have to agree that many, if not all, were pretty terrible experiences if not all together traumatic. I know that my personal 9-11 tragedy resulted in finding out that the Watchtower Society was involved with the United Nations. That pretty much said it all as far as my "career" in the organisation was concerned. I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses for 14 years and I saw the good, the bad and the ugly during that time period.

However, there is something that I have to be honest about regarding being in the organisation that I need to express myself on. I am sure I will face a number of counter arguments regarding my viewpoint but that is the chance I am going to have to take.

First, I think it is important to point out that while I was a Witness, I became a very articulate speaker and I was very well adept at giving commentary at the Kingdom Hall. I became a very studious, confident, well educated and knowledgeable individual. I have no choice but to thank the many individual Jehovah's Witnesses who helped me in this manner quite possibly some of you who are in this very forum.

These are my thoughts concerning the individuals in this room and I challenge you to disagree.

Many of the individuals in this forum are better public speakers because of having been in the organisation then if they were not in the organisation. You have the skills to speak in front of large audiences ranging anywhere from 50 to several thousand at a time. You have developed "salesmen" skills going door to door for many years talking about things most individuals can not related to or do not want to know about. You probably have better study skills because of having been in the organisation. You had discipline, structure and a high level of morality.

What am I getting at and what is my motivation for saying these things? Simply this, that you have developed several skills that you can use such as I have formerly mentioned...think about it?

• You were a public speaker
    • You were studious and disciplined
    • You were a "salesperson"
    • You have computer skills and savvy

What if you took all the knowledge and all the skills that you acquired while in the organisation and applied it to yourselves? Think about all of the individuals in this room, it is not too far fetched to say that there is a wealth of talent in here...is it?

Image using your talents and becoming involved in an online business of your own or at the very least helping others to acquire one...don't you think everyone would be better off? I would personally like to here from some of you regarding a legitimate, lawful, ethical online business. Something that is not a get rich quick scheme but that has been researched or proven to have success. I hope I have not "offended" anyone because that is not my motivation I am on your side concerning the Watchtower Society but I would like to find former Jehovah's Witnesses who have a desire to use what they have acquired throughout the years to reach a higher level of success...or Do I Stand Alone?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I will agree that public speaking practice and public reading are useful skills that have benefitted me throughout my life. I would question the "computer skills", though. So, yes, there were some good things. There was also some camaradarie. But, there were also many, many bad points. For example, public speaking skills are more than offset by lack of education.

• kls
    kls

Sorry but the bad far out ways the good and the only reason they pride themselves on public speaking is to preach their trash and to recruit and keep the recruited 's attention and to get them more involved .

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

As far as I am concerned, you may stand where ever you want.

Just don't bother me with your attempt at recruitment.

Outoftheorg

• trevor
    trevor
    Do I Stand Alone?

OOps! I think you just fell down!

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

If I did 15 years in a federal prison,could I take some good out of it?Yes,but would I want to go thru that?

• Netty
  • You have computer skills and savvy
    Is this something new? They now teach computer skills with the dubs. Guess I missed out on that one. Public Speaking skills, maybe but as a female, not exactly.. Remember, we did not get to stand up at the podium and speak to the group. We sat down at a table, and acted out a little skit, all prepared from a manuscript, ( I never, EVER could do the outline thing).
  • tijkmo
    tijkmo

what was your personal 9-11 tragedy if you dont mind me asking

• Honesty
    Honesty

First, I think it is important to point out that while I was a Witness, I became a very articulate speaker and I was very well adept at giving commentary at the Kingdom Hall. I became a very studious, confident, well educated and knowledgeable individual. I have no choice but to thank the many individual Jehovah's Witnesses who helped me in this manner quite possibly some of you who are in this very forum.

You were a student of WatchTower apostate lies.

Your adept commentary was not yours. It was what the Governing Body of Apostate JW's told you

You were well educated in hating your fellow man and looking forward to the day they would all be offed by the demon WT god.

You were confident that the WTBTS and only the WTBTS spoke for God.

The source of your education and knowledge was flawed because it came from an organisation that is so far removed from Christ they do not know Him.

Hopefully, you are free from the WT chains of oppression and spiritual darkness.

• georgefoster
    georgefoster
    You have developed "salesmen" skills going door to door for many years talking about things most individuals can not related to or do not want to know about.

I know witnesses that have done years of door to door without a single convert.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit