Little Matthew at the Kingdom Hall

by pennycandy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

"I'm glad mom didn't take the fire out of me..." So are we, but I bet she isn´t.

• jeanniebeanz
  • potleg
    potleg

I could never really understand why there were no special programs for kids. Why can't they do something to make it enjoyable for young ones. I know one family with 5 kids where the father ruled with a "theocratic" iron fist...you've never seen such a disconnected family. they seem to lack the natural affection that you would expect to see. One of the daughters loved school and was a very bright girl, at about age 12 or 13 her father insisted she begin home schooling so that she could also pioner. the girl wound up with anorexia and almost died. She was isolated from the family and the Docs said her problem was rooted in the way her father treated her. She went back to public school but has never been quite the same since.

• Netty
    Netty
    Why can't they do something to make it enjoyable for young ones

Potleg, I remember expressing this, and the reply was "what do you mean, we have the my book of bible stories!"

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    "I'm glad mom didn't take the fire out of me..." So are we, but I bet she isn´t.

lol - you bet she isnt!!!!

• potleg
    potleg

Years ago we had a watchtower conductor who at the begining of the study would have little kids come on the platform with their own colored pictures that highlited something from the lesson. The little kids enjoyed going up there and showing their artwork, a lot of parents enjoyed it to. HOWEVER when the CO found out about it...guess what happened...? He stopped it. Back to the same old same old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit