Angel Wings - What's the problem?

by Nellie 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

The angelic wings whatever they may mean should not be understood as literal, in a physical way, they probably symbolise spirit power defying the downward pull of the instinctive forces.

The jws probably fear angels because the demons are also angels. I remember when I had the painting of an angel in my flat a jw felt very uncomfortable about it.

• Lois
    Lois

I personally don't know if angels have wings or not, however I believe one reason for the use of wings in paintings is to distinguish or seperate it from humans in illistrations...to give the viewer a glimpse of the GLORY of GOD in a creation beyond our earthly realm. After all...God can create any being he chooses...wings or not. He can create other habitable planets beyond earth with other beings/creatures if he so desires.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    so what's up with the whole "not displaying images of angels" in witness homes, etc.

First I've heard of this - lol. I have a very large picture of an angel hanging on my landing.

Of COURSE angels have wings - think about it. When angels were invented / evolved, it was before the days of aviation and jetpacks - how else would they get about and flit between Heaven and Earth?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

PB, ROFLMAO!!!

nellie,

images of anything "spiritual" are sort of absurd, aren't they? even a written description is silly. and when i was a christian, i was told by the WTS that it was jehovah's way of describing to us in a way we would understand, what heaven was like.

• joelbear
    joelbear

hysterical to think of these powerful creatures with feathers, how mythological.

witnesses would not have angels in home because that would be an idol.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Patrick - is that a ''scene of crime'' police photo? I think it's appalling how people can not only pull the wings off angels, but strip them too (just because they're different to us) it's angel-harrassment. I bet whoever did this used to pull the wings off daddy-long-legs as a child. I hope they catch the perpetrator(s).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit