I had the most amazing dream

by katiekitten 14 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

when I was sleeping in a foreign field (well Glastonbury, so it might have been the mushroom garlic bread).

I dreamed me and mum were at the meeting doing the Witchtower, and Uncle Malcolm was taking it (yes the very same who was widowed by a sausage and married a rich old lady). Well he asked a question and mum answered up and what she said was totally the opposite of what the Witchtower was saying, but she used such long words and convoluted reasoning that no-one noticed. In fact some other people answered up and said they agreed with her and continued to spout the WItchtower line.

So then I answered up and said some stuff about how the Witchtower was wrong, and there was this deadly hush, and Uncle Malcolm told me off. I replied something like 'Oh we can only study what you tell us to'. Then I said 'come on mum this is stupid Im leaving'. As we walked out feeling pretty embarrased, slowly at least HALF the congregation got up and followed us in silent support because what we had said was what they had all been thinking but had been too scared to voice.

And I knew that none of them would go back.

GOD it was FANTASTIC!!! Pity it was a dream. It was really empowering.

• luna2
    luna2

Pretty great dream, katiekitten! Maybe it's prophetic?! LOL

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Mushroom garlic bread? Sounds magic

ig.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Brilliant dream. From my Christian perspective I'd say that its an encouragement from God for you to carry on speaking the truth. Sometimes people don't appear to respond to what we're saying or doing and that can make us wonder whether its worth all the effort. But we don't know whats going on in their heart or mind.

So don't give up speaking up.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It looks like a wish fulfillment dream but it's good that it put you in a strong and optimistic mood. We would all like to see the jws waking up and leaving the borg in droves.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

kk - nice dream. I hope you can actually fulfill that dream someday. It stands at least as much hope of coming true as the prophetic dreams that the WTS has been spouting in our ears for decades.

Jeff

• Honesty
    Honesty

Awesome

• Mary
    Mary
    at least HALF the congregation got up and followed us in silent support because what we had said was what they had all been thinking but had been too scared to voice

Katie, something similiar happened to me several years ago, only it wasn't a dream. It's when we were studying The Greatest Man book and we were on the chapter where Jesus was praying in the Garden of Gethsemane. For some bizarre reason, the GB has got it into their heads that when Jesus was praying "Father, let this cup pass from me", that he wasn't really asking to be released from the horrific ordeal he was about to go through, but rather he was just concerned that dying as a criminal would "bring reproach upon his Father's name".

I found this particularly irritating because it made no sense (but since when did that make any difference in this religion?). Not only is it common knowledge amongst all Christian religions that Jesus was in fact asking to be released from his test, but it verified this in a different chapter in The Greatest Man book, where it specifically stated that '...apparently, Jesus' disciples did not understand that the 'cup' he was referring to was the scourging and eventual death he knew he would have to endure...' or something to that effect. Anyhoo, during the bookstudy, they asked the question "was Jesus asking to be released from his persecution?" I answered 'yes he was' and went on to prove to them from the other chapter that he was referring to his persecution and death'. The room was silent for a moment as you could almost hear everyone's brain kick in to gear. Another sister faithfully answered from the paragraph that no he wasn't being asked to be released from his upcoming ordeal at all. I stuck up my hand again and said "...If enduring floggings, beatings, sleep depravation, public humiliation and execution wasn't a terrifying thought to Jesus, then what kind of a test would that be for him?"

By now, the room was really quiet and we went back and forth a few more times but then the conductor decided it was becoming too controversial and he moved on. However, after the bookstudy, I had several people quietly come up to me and tell me that they secretly agreed with what I had said, but they were too afraid to say it themselves for fear of being seen as going against the F&DS.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

You have been at the mushrooms with the tipi people and the other travellers havent you??...I knew it...great dream though...

DB74

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    By now, the room was really quiet and we went back and forth a few more times but then the conductor decided it was becoming too controversial and he moved on. However, after the bookstudy, I had several people quietly come up to me and tell me that they secretly agreed with what I had said, but they were too afraid to say it themselves for fear of being seen as going against the F&DS.

This goes to show Mary that there are many more like minded people in the organisation doesnt it...there is some hope yet.

Great post.

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit