how many of you are considering boycotting tom cruise's 'war of the worlds'

by orbison11 45 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

next week, due to his recently learned so called knowledge of psychiatry and medication?? and bashing of those that use it?

orbi

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I wasn't going to watch it anyway, but now I'm boycotting it.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Orson Wells is a hard act to follow. No one had beat him yet, imho...

J

(thought I should clarify that I was refering to the radio broadcast not the movie... lol)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Um, i guess i can't be bothered. But, it's a good idea. Imagine if the drug companies percieved cruise and his quack religion as a threat to their sales. Heehee. That would be priceless.

S

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey orbi,

tom cruise is stupid. as a person. i give him one of the worst insults in our culture: stupid.

however, war of the worlds is not about tom cruise. it's about so much more than tom cruise. i would have loved to see a different actor play the main roll, but that is hollywood. they have no concept of what the war of the worlds means to generations of sci fi fans.

so no, i will not be boycotting it.

if tom cruise invited me to a private regatta party, i WOULD boycott it. and i would MOST other hollywood celeberties too. they may not go out on the stupid limb like he did, but so many of them are just like he is.

it's our fault buying into hollywood, not tom cruise.

• orbison11
    orbison11

i really wanted to see it, but from the trailers i have seen they dont seem like how i remember the original...although i remember what my father told me more than any movies

but due to what he has said i think i wll just not bother to go to it or rent (for a while lol) as i am reveling in this new found freedom i have to 'have a voice':)

orbi

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    as i am reveling in this new found freedom i have to 'have a voice':)

amen. good for you!

TS

• Odrade
    Odrade

I think Tom Cruise is going to freakin' WRECK War of the Worlds. I cannot imagine going to watch him run around screeching for two hours. Although Tim Robbins might almost make up for it, depending on his screen time.
    A Sci-Fi fan and H.G.Wells fan who was utterly disappointed when they cast Tommy boy to play Ferrier.

• heathen
    heathen

I haven't seen the interview but just some clips of cruise critiquing the psychiatry and claiming there is no such thing a chemical imbalance . I think he was wrong . I think just by the foods we eat can create a chemical imbalance , like alot of kids that eat too much sugar are hyperactive . I don't think about boycotting the movie but will probly see it at matinee .......... so there

• orbison11
    orbison11

lol heathen you are such a rebel

orb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit