How many of you want to be resurrected? (I am not judging here! Just a Q!)

by inquirer 26 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Do you some of you people just want to live and have a good time now and not care about anything else?

only to a certain extent. i think it is highly unlikely there will be a resurrection. so i think it's important to have a good time now, tempered by my natural obligation to others of my species (golden rule). but even more so, try to make the world a better place. this is likely all we have.

so it's about enjoying life AND being responsible and empathetic.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Tetra:

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and that means acquiring a taste for Lagavulin and Laphroaig and Glenmorangie

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Laphroaig

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Stilla:

• Rod P
    Rod P

Qcmbr,

Quite a number of years ago I read a book that I think was titled "Bardo Thodol, or the Journey of the Soul After Death". The concepts were all taken from a translation of the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

In it, the author talked about the Bardo, or the place where there are many "Compartments" or "Mansions" for the Sould to go. When we die, we each go to one of these places that is a perfect match to how we conceptually visualize or believe life will be like after we die. So, for example, the Atheist or JW Nihilist would go to a place that would be a "deep sleep" for a peiod of time, which could actually be a number of years in that state. But then afterwards, they would come back into consciousness and reincarnate back into another earth-life, and go thru another "learning experience" or another lifetime. The object, of course, according to this system of Tibetan Buddhism, is to reach the point in our development or evolution that we can get off of this "wheel of life", where we no longer have to go thru this endless cycle of birth, death and rebirth.

I am not saying to you that this is absolutely true. I am just trying to share with you what one ancient source has described about what happens after we die, and how there is a place for each of us to mirror or reflect how we envision life after death, and how that determines our destiny in the hereafter.

Rod P.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I think it is likely we all have a wrong view of what ressurection would mean, if it is really possible. The Bible actually indicates at least two states after death, prior to resurrection - which probably only happens when not just the earth, but possibly the this particular universe ends. The 2 temporay states, paradise and hades.

(examples Lazarus & the penitent thief)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit