What Kinds of Jobs Do JWs Have That You Know Of?

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was thinking that most JWs that I personally know have jobs that they really aren't happy with. Almost no one is a professional except for one cardiologist that got baptized a few years ago. There's no one that's been raised in the "truth" that has a college education that I know of except one 22 year old young man who has done nothing to seek employment since he graduated.........Any witnesses that you know of with great jobs??

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

hmm lets see. Windowwasher, cleaner, tree cutter, windowcleaner, windowcleaner ...

but also, police officer, fire man, forensic expert, computer expert, business man, juweler,

mechanic, taxi driver, high school science teacher, etc

• minimus
    minimus

Were the professionals originally JWs?

• Quotes
    Quotes

Danny said: "police officer"

I assume one that doesn't carry a gun? Being a gun carrying cop is not allowed by WTS.

• gringojj
    gringojj

I remember a few months ago i was looking for a used car and i went to this small dealer and inside my wife saw watchtowers and awakes. My wife asked the owner if he was a dub and he replied "the truth is the truth". I drive by about once a week and he doesnt seem to move any cars. I also noticed his daily driver is a bmw 5 series sedan less than 1 year old. I cant really figure the guy out. I wonder if he will have a bmw in paradise.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

You can carry a gun and be a JW, you just are not used for anything, such as praying, handling mics, reading the WT and so forth.

Just about every JW man that I knew had a 9-5 job so he couldn't pioneer, whereas the women (even the self-suffiicient ones) somehow found work that allowed for pioneer hours. One M.S. I knew held a prominent managerial job at a factory which had him work until 8am Sunday morning, rendering him 'too tired' to make Sunday morning meetings. When after a number of years his schedule changed due to a BLESSING FROM JEHOVAH and now could attend Sundays (and was immediately promoted to elder nd WT conductor as well..... what a backyards congo).

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

before i left i was a web programmer and linux sys admin. and i was pretty much raised in the truth.

my ex-best friends dad was raised in the truth, and he is one of the top creative leads at a famous hot-shot design/marketing agency. and my ex-best friend is really making a go of being a professional photographer.

another guy i knew that was rasied in the truth was a marketing consultant for oil patch. and another marketing consultant for media.

and another guy is a multi-millionaire franchise builder. another guy is head of IT at a huge gas company.

my mom was not raised as one, but she is devout and a social worker for abused women and children at a shelter.

but it's true, most others i know of, work at non-descript jobs. and it's not because they are philosophers, or artists or starving poets. it's because the goddamn borg told them not to be materialistic.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

yes the ones working at the police (I know two) do not carry a gun.

To carry a gun for hunting is okay though (if you eat the food).

They are all still JW's in the list I gave.

Danny

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

My dad's a grocery store clerk, but the thing that baffles me is that he has a business degree! Gargh. If he decided to work in a bank after he converted to the JWs, I would be in the money.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Most of the ones we know are well-off. One family owns their own TV repair/sales shop, another family consists of a college professor and a high school teacher, and many others are self-employeed.

From what I'm hearing on this site, the Witnesses in my area are rather laid back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit