Passing the time.

by Low-Key Lysmith 17 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

counted fallacies in the material. it's like counting sheep. there are a lot of them, and you eventually fall asleep. i didn't fight it.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I'd like to go shootin' with you sometime.

Apparently, we got a lot of gunslinging apostates in these parts!

Elsewhere, IPSEC, GaryBuss, Hillbilly, and many more.

Maybe an apostaRangeFest?

Can anyone find a lifesize picture of Ted Jaracz?

• Ellie
    Ellie

A great trick I learnt last year was to take a bag with a newspaper or magazine in, then the first time my daughter made the slightest noise I would take her in the back room, give her some toys to play with and have a read for an hour or so.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

That's a good idea Ellie. Wouldn't work for me though as I would be tempted to pinch my kid just to make 'em raise a fuss.

• chrissy
    chrissy

During long boring talks my young girlfriend and I would give each other the eye across the room. which meant, wahoo! time to meet up in the nursery behind the ladies room and chitchat about whatever gossip was going down at school that day.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

we used to play the clapping game, esp good in small arenas like the Cow Palace. it would go something like this: during one of the boring talks when the brother on stage is going on and on one of us kids would pick just the right time to clap. and the best time to clap was a few minutes after a clapping spaz and just before the next one. it seems that the audience could be set off by a clap becuz they were anticapating the next clapping spaz. if you could hit it right it was a beautiful sight to behold. it's a wonder we never got caught. heehee

Josie

• Ellie
    Ellie

Mrs Jones, thats pure evil!

If I'd have been in the audience at the time I would definately have been caught out.

haha, hilarious!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

As we always had the Bible there I would read passages from it that I found interesting and ignore all the boring things going on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit