Problems in paradise

by gringojj 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gringojj
    gringojj

I know there are a ton of problems with the idea of paradise. I was just thinking about how much sense it doesnt make. For example how is it supposed to work as far as housing arrangements? A single man is not going to need anything bigger than a one bedroom place. And a big family might need 5 or 10 bedrooms. But is it fair that just because someone has a big family they get a bigger house? It would have to be equal for everyone. And the family with many children when the children grow up what happens? Do they leave and have thier own place? Do the parents get to keep the multi bedroom house after the kids are gone? The other option is that everyone just lives in big housing complexes. But you cant tell me that elders are going to be happy living in the same quarters as r&f. How is this supposed to all work? Paradise itself is a relative concept. According to what i have read you wont remember the old things in the new system. How can you appreciate anything if you dont know anything to judge it against? If we have no memory of old things then concrete slab houses could be paradise. It just doesnt make sense.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I'm wondering if folks will have to get their meals with meal tickets and all there will be to eat is foil-wrapped burritos and Muff'n'eggs.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Name one thing about the JW pair-o-dice that makes sense and I'll slither back to the KH, confess my sins of exposing their lies and half-truths and experience the love from Joe hoba's righteous people.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

you're right gringo.

i would say we already are in paradise. the world is full of evil and cruelty. but we are also conscious thinking beings, living in a time that could well be called the hey-day of homo sapiens.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Sooner or later (that is, tangentially close to the very "beginning of eternity") there shouldn't be any child left. No death, no birth.

Strangely the WT illustrators seem to overlook this "detail".

• gringojj
    gringojj

also i was wondering about animals in paradise. We all know there will be lions in paradise. But where do the lions come from? How will animals get to paradise? If they are all destroyed at the big a then is god just going to create new ones? And how many will he create? I would personally rather have all cubs cause they are cuter. But they cant ever grow up because that would conflict with eternity.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

He'd pretty much have to create new lions and change their dental work gastrointestinal systems to become grazers. No more "kitty wanna chase the string?"

• garybuss
    garybuss

Everybody will own their own home but the Society will hold all the deeds. When someone sells their home they will get a 100% loan from the Society for the new home and when they sell the old home, they will send the total proceeds from the sale to the Society.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

gringojj,

A single man is not going to need anything bigger than a one bedroom place. And a big family might need 5 or 10 bedrooms. But is it fair that just because someone has a big family they get a bigger house? It would have to be equal for everyone. And the family with many children when the children grow up what happens? Do they leave and have thier own place? Do the parents get to keep the multi bedroom house after the kids are gone? The other option is that everyone just lives in big housing complexes.

I never thought of paradise in terms of everybody having identical stuff. I always thought it would be like Micah 4:4: Everybody would have enough, and get to keep it. It's much more difficult to be covetous when you already have everything you want and feel secure. IME.

gently feral

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

(double post, sorry.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit