You have to admit some of the JW illustrations were kinda cool...

by marked 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA
    I knew a person who felt one of the reason we knew we were directed by God was because the artists and musicians were among the greatest in the world.

Oh my god, I guess you can fool all of the people all of the time! I can't write my name and make look good, but know the Tower's "art work" wouldn't qualify as art in most tattoo shops. Our son attended an art-middle and high school, and just graduated from college with a BFA degree, so I've been around various types of art. The so-called art from the Tower is nearly as bad as the velvet pictures of Elvis that's sold from empty lots on weekends.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii
    I knew a person who felt one of the reason we knew we were directed by God was because the artists and musicians were among the greatest in the world.

Yep i've heard that one too.

"We are so great because we have the best musicians and artists, the best doctors and lawyers (who can get us out of any sticky situation) the best chefs, the best teachers... We've got the best school and education system in the world (Theocratic Ministry School, Ministerial Training School, Pioneer School and Giliad), oh and we created M.E.P.S., we invented translation, we influenced invented human rights and religious tolerance... heck, we even drafted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights"

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    "We are so great because we have the best musicians and artists, the best doctors and lawyers (who can get us out of any sticky situation) the best chefs, the best teachers... We've got the best school and education system in the world (Theocratic Ministry School, Ministerial Training School, Pioneer School and Giliad), oh and we created M.E.P.S., we invented translation, we influenced invented human rights and religious tolerance... heck, we even drafted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights"

ROFL!

But they didn't invent the eeeeevillll INTERNET!! That distinction still belongs to Al Gore!

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

As a kid, I kinda has the hots for that chick riding the wild beast. Yeah ... dub drawings rocked back int he 70s.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I found their art to be dull, uninspired, and unimaginative, as one would expect to be the case in a dictatorial org, creative artistic expression and totalitarianism simply don't mix.

And what happened with the subliminal images issue?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit