How much is enough?

by jula71 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jula71
    jula71

Many know my story; I’m in a fade, still attending meetings every now and then. Recently I had to endure a CO visit. During one of his talks I didn’t know what to do, laugh or start yelling. His talk was, of course, based on the "activities" of the cong. First he mentioned a 5% increase of inactive ones. This came with a gasp from the audience. He then went on to say that the national average was something like 10.5 hours and the cong’s average is just over 7 hours. This came with a lot in the audience looking around shaking their head’s in disgust. His next comment was that almost 40% are "low hour publishers." This came with audible gasps of shock from the audience as if to say "how could this have happened??" I couldn’t believe both his comments aimed at causing guilt, and the reaction from the audience. Then he went into the whole spiel of staying away for things that distract of the "ministry." Which is a growing trend this year in particular, anti-career, anti-college or university. But the emphasis on "works" is sickening!! Where is written that the national average is the required amount for all? Where is it written to keep tract of hours in the first place? How much really is enough? And why isn’t the R&F picking up on it?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Since it is an average, half of the congregations are under that average....

Sounded like a very standard talk. It is always the same. Every talk, every convention etc, the only think important is the field ministry. It makes me sick (enough sick to have an excuse not to go)

Danny

• Netty
    Netty

Julia, this is just gross. How are you able to sit through it? I remember the times I'd be at the Kh, listening to this kind of stuff, I wanted to crawl out of my skin. It doesnt change, same stuff as 20 years ago.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Sounds like a corporate sales 'pep' talk. So Christian!

Sorry you have to sit through that crap, Jula. 25 + years ago, I remember the same sewage spewing from the platform. The message never changes; "you're not doing enough to serve the Watchtower corporations. Forsake your family, friends, personal interests and identity, and all semblance of happiness, so that you can spend an eternity on an earth inhabited solely by Jehovah's Witnesses and vegetarian lions." No need to put your finger down your throat to vomit; just listen to that horseshit for a long enough time.

• blondie
    blondie

Does the WTS and its representatives practice what they preach?

w97 10/15 p. 17 Jehovah Cherishes Your Whole-Souled Service ***

How unloving it would be to criticize the efforts of others or to compare one person’s service with that of another! Sadly, one Christian wrote: "At times some give the impression that either you’re a pioneer or you’re nothing. Those of us who struggle to keep going ‘just’ as regular Kingdom publishers need to feel appreciated too." Let us remember that we are not authorized to judge what constitutes whole-souled service for a fellow Christian.

Or one congregation with the national average.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    why isn’t the R&F picking up on it?

Oh but they are!

Didn't you see it? A 5% increase in inactive ones...

That's a 5% INCREASE for US!

This will be a long slow war of attrition... they won't win....I'm convinvced.

u/d (of the numbers don't tell half the story class)

• jula71
    jula71

Hehe, TY for your condolences 144001. The attention now is fully turned, not to “saving” people, but furthering this publishing company.

Interesting quote Blondie, that just shows how 2-faced they really are. If you’re not getting 10 hours a month your lazy, but don’t let people criticize you.

Good point as well U/D

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I'd like to know which scriptures he used to back his bull he was feeding the congregation.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Lord through his "faithful and wise servant" now states to us, "Let us cover our territory four times in six months." The Watchtower, July 1, 1943 p. 205

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit