how do people repent before they start studying or get baptized?

by Daisy21 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Swan
    Swan

You sure are an unlucky person. If you had been born prior to 1973 you could be baptized right away. It wasn't until about 100 years after the religion was founded that they decided smoking was wrong in 1973. Until then you could puff away all you want, in fact, some of their higher ranking officials used to smoke, including Judge Rutherford, their second president, who smoked cigars.

It isn't a very healthy habit though; so it's a good thing to try and quit. I hope you make it!

Tammy

• jula71
    jula71

Daisy, welcome to the board. Here is some advice I hope you take to heart if you do indeed start to study. ASK QUESTIONS!! And search within yourself if the answers make sense. Ask them to prove that the heavily relied on date of 607BC is real. Ask them why they were working with the UN as a NGO for over 10 years then quit only because they got caught. Ask them if they think they are blood guilty for kids and others dying because of not accepting blood products they now say is Ok to accept. ASK QUESTIONS.

I don't want to criticize you by any means but your first few posts told me a lot and is something I always hear. In short, it sounds good. It's really strict, but it sounds good. You know what the old saying is, "if it sounds to good to be true........"

• love11
    love11
    oral sex is wrong even if your married?

Maybe you're just not doing it the right way. Practice makes perfect.

• heathen
    heathen

OHHH yah and don't forget to mention the UN NGO scandal while you're at it . That aughta go over real big . LOL You can even mention malawie where people were raped and murdered because the WTBTS said they couldn't pay a 25 cent tax .You might even mention mexico where the j-dubs bribe public officials in order to avoid military service. NOW YOU DID IT AND GOT ME STARTED AGAIN ......... Further more you can tell them all about the friends you made on this site ............... I give you about a week before you tell them off ...LMAO

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

If you feel that you need to come before Jehovah and ask for repentence - go to him in prayer and pray for forgiveness. The bible says he puts your sin away from you, as far as the east is from the west that is how far your sin is removed.

I know the elders would obviously want to know what you've been up too - you are NOT under obligation to tell them anything. All you can say is that you were sinning before but you've been before Jehovah and repented. DONT LET THEM PRESSURISE YOU.

But Daisy please think very carefully about the decision you are making. You can be still be spiritual & pray to Jah, you don't have to be in the organisation. Unfortunately the watchtower society put Jehovah God and the Organisation on par with each other - making them equal. When you get baptised you are baptised into the Organisation & not into God. (read the baptism questions)

These are just my thoughts Daisy....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit