A big problem for JW's in the UK?

by Jim Dee 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman
    I was a sales person over there and never took the slightest bit of notice of the law and I was never arrested or anything.

LOL!

Time share, I bet!

Englishman.

• luna2
    luna2

I was told some years ago that the town I work in has a ban on Jehovah's Witnesses...and maybe that's why it's effective because it targets either the JW's exclusively or perhaps any religion that goes door to door (add Mormons). Perhaps the "friends" around here are glad of an excuse not to work the area too. The only formal activity I've ever seen in this town has been mugging people in grocery store parking lots. I could tell the sisters got a real thrill from the experience.

I imagine that if it was a country-wide or even state-wide ban, the borg as a whole would feel the exciting glow of persecution and really get all fired up with zeal as the end just has to be right around the next corner.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with this in England.

• Sirona
    Sirona

It could certainly apply in the case of people pretending to be JWs and seeing who is not at home.

When I was a dub, a local woman shouted and screamed at us and threatened to call the police, because she saw us writing down on slips of paper who was at home and who wasn't.

I can see the logic in that now.

Sirona

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    I remember Witnesses sneaking into apartment and housing complexes that would regularly tell them to leave, so I don't think new laws are going to stop them from door-to-door.

OMG me too!

I remember hearing the brothers tell parents out with kids to make sure and keep them quiet & still, so as not to call attention to them being out knocking on doors, after the complex mangement specifically told the JW's they were never to come back there again.

I live in a Deed Restricted community with no trespassing signs posted and the JW's ignore those.

JW's are the most disrespectful people I have ever met in my life.

DL76

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Does anybody remember in the last few years in New Hampshire (I think) two young people who did door to door canvassing commited a murder. They met their potential victims at the door with their phony questionnaire (politically related, I think).

So you see, there can be a danger posed to the public by people who go from door to door for any reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit