the Church of the Nazarene convention

by mrsjones5 6 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I read this article and this church so puts the jws to shame. read on...

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Cant see JW's revamping a New-York ghetto can you??

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

This is a great article! Thanks so much for posting it. I would like a lot more articles like this. Does anyone on this site collect articles like this?

I like to take articles like this and run them through Acrobat Distiller, save as a PDF and print out. That way it looks legitimate when I show them to people, not just a WORD doc or something.

Are there any sites on the web with statistics of worldwide missionary work by Christendom? I would love to see it.

Thanks,

-ithinkisee

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Awesome!!! Love to see good news for a change.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

It's nice to see certain churches taking care of their own, or at least someone in need. Not expecting a big rucus to be made.!!!Shows up the JWs in a pretty big way!!

If ya'll will indulge me, since this is the topic. I'm going to mention the following until some "lurker" gets the hint, or until I can find names and address/phone # for the Columbia, MO congregation. Don't you remember how the dubs pride themselves on "taking care of the widows and fatherless children"? My JW mom is older, still working, barely can make ends meet. Yes, I am put out with her right now, but doesn't mean I don't care. She lives in an older mobile home. It has holes in it. She stuffs newspapers in the cracks. My sister said it was so bad, her computer froze for a couple days.Plus, there are a couple other things that need some attention. We are talking a couple hours. She, of course, is sooo brainwashed she doesn't see a problem. "Oh, it's ok, I'm sure they are busy out in service blah,blah,blah"

I've just been in the mood to rattle some cages.Oh, and in case anyone lurking should know anyone in that area, her initials are B.H. I guess I won't give her name. If she found out she was mentioned on an apostate site, she may have a coronary. Anyone got any suggestions how to find out who the elders are there?

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

This interests me, because I have been thinking of walking into the nearest church to my house, just out of interest. I happens to be an evangelical church "The Church of the Nazerene". I might just pop in to say hello. Thanks for the post.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Me again, just occurs to me that unlike the old testament based JWs, these Christians are not helping folks who beliebe as they do. They are helping the needy in society, regardless of religios belief or denomination. Now that was the style of Christianity I was brought up in, both as a catholic, and a seventh day adventist. That is one of the reasons early Christianity spread so fast, because of the love and charity shown, not just within the congregations, but towards pagans too. Jesus Christ didn't restrict good deeds to believers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit