Something Odd Just Happened

by luna2 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• luna2
    luna2

crazyblonde...I might just go ahead and do that. I suppose I could call one of the elders at the KH and ask if I've already been given the old heave-ho, but I don't really want to do that. I've been flip-flopping (in the finest WTS tradition) about whether to send a letter or not, but I do think I'd feel better if I did it. I like the idea of officially cutting ties on my terms and having a record of it.

Honesty...you crack me up! Now that I think on it, though, there have been fewer and fewer "friends" coming by to check up on me over the past year. I think what pisses me off about Brother Goof is that he's never been uber dub, he invites his "worldly" neighbers over for dinner and all kinds of frowned-upon activities. Maybe his new wife is schooling him in the ways JW are really supposed to act. I must say that it annoys me that he makes a point of talking to my father, but now I'm apparently not worthy of even a greeting. Its funny that you can intellectually know how shunning works, but until you are shunned yourself, you don't truly understand. I don't even want to talk to the guy, you know? I just hate being ignored like I don't exist.

Panda...he wouldn't make eye contact (turned his back to me almost instantly and started a convo with the manager. I've decided that I'm not going to play his game, though. Next time, I'll make a point of saying "hello" and watch him squirm.

Good point, netty. Could be they're tightening the screws and he's just responding to that.

• John1:3
    John1:3

Hi Everyone,

My apologies for butting into a conversation, but I am new to this kind of thing, new to posting and especially to this site...

I am not , nor have I ever been a Jehovah Witness... but I have been shunned. Let me describe what happened and maybe some of you (former JWs) can help me understand what happened.

The Jehovah Witnesses have been knocking at our front door and talking with my elderly father for YEARS. They kept coming on a regular basis (sometimes 2 times a week), even though my Dad showed no interest in converting (He just loved debating/ talking with them about the Bible).

Well, one day I noticed that one of the gals on the porch was a friendly cashier who worked at a local store. I had some anti-WatchTower "I was a Witness" tracts (BOY WAS I NAIVE!!!), so I stepped out, told her I recognized her from the store and handed one to her. She took it. But the other gal refused. After the cashier gal saw the other one refuse it, she handed it back to me.

Well, I very gently pointed out the fact that we accepted their booklets, and thought it was hypocritical of them to refuse to take ours. Maybe they thought I was a former witness, because the leader asked me who wrote it. So, I looked inside and identified the writer. That's when the leader said they didn't want any info from apostates. My cute 76 year old father, then asked them what churches they had left. One was a former orthodox, the other a former Baptist.

The brief conversation that followed centered around Christ's divinity and I unloaded some memorized Bible verses on the leader.(yes, I was a bit agressive , but I wasn't rude or insulting.... just wanted to explain things from our viewpoint) She quickly cut the meeting short. But a few weeks later, I was very surprised to receive a letter from the leader in the mail... Which I responded to with a letter and greeting card. The card was fun, nothing controversial, ,but the letter did point out some questions I had about the WTS....mostly in regard to their New World Translation.

Since then, (months have past) the Witnesses have not come back...and when I went to the store where the cashier works she tried to ignore me during check out.

What's up with all this? I guess the leader never read my letter and told all the others to stop coming to our house and to ignore me if they saw me.

I felt like I did nothing more than what my Dad had done for over 30 years.

Can someone please explain this behavior? THanks.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

John 1:3....Welcome to our world. You are now branded as either an Apostate or Sympathizer. From the time I was a little kid I used to ask why we couldn't read "anti-material?" Afterall it just never made sense that the "Truth" couldn't take care of its self.

The Dubs are always looking for "honest-hearted ones" which translated means...BRAINDEAD.

-BONEZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit