Will the WTS Org change or Die Out?

by doinmypart 56 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The WTS can put a new slant on 1914, and it will be swallowed.

Each time there is a change in teaching, they never say "this is what WE used to teach, but now -- :"

They just give a talk or article with the change, knowing that the majority can't even remember the public talk ten minutes later most weeks. The rest are too lazy or stupid to want to check any thing.

After all, "The time of the end" started in 1799.

Changed to 1874.

Changed to 1914.

I can already hear it "Yes, brothers, Christ came to kingdom power in 1914, and all the evidence indicates that he condemned this wicked system to destruction in (1934, you name the likely year) since when have we not seen abundant evidence that we have been in the time of the end. Is it not happifying to know the end is now nearer than ever before as Jehovah's active kingdom government acts to save all kinds of men from a twisted generation?" (cue applause)

HB

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    it has been decussed many times and even folks i have spoken to still at bethel have mentioned that it is clear that the wt is preparing the way to do away with the FDS as we know it today and replace it with a new definition of FDS to include NONANNOINTED

Perhaps they will change the definition of the FDS to be the ones "taking the lead" or the "princes" (Elders, CO, DOs, GB, etc...).

In time they will also be forced to change the definition of "anointed" because it is just a matter of time before they all start dieing off and they cannot all die off before Armageddon comes. The bible specifically states that the "holy ones" will be taken up into heaven when Jesus returns. I suspect that they will decide that ALL "true anointed" people actually went to heaven in 1914 when Jesus returned. This will clean up the FDS debate, the debate over who are "true anointed", eliminate the embarrassing yearly statistics of how many anointed are left and partaking at memorial and eliminate the problem of all anointed being true and faithful despite all of the doctrinal changes since 1914. This does, however, leave me wondering if the WTS will completely do away with the memorial since, technically speaking, it will no longer be necessary.

1 Th. 4:16-18 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words
  • hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

DORAYAKII,

I love it "start to educate the dead loved ones."!!!!!!!!

Is not this what we on this board have been trying to do since Simon came.?? (Cue applause)

HB

• Gerard
    Gerard
    The main thing that comes to mind is 1914, which totally hangs on 607BC. Topics like that they simply con not change. So I think it will most likely die out once the remaining GB start dying out.

Once they firmly stated that certain dimensions of the great pyramid of Giza revealed "God's plan" and dated prophesies. As the years went by, the reported dimensions misteriously changed as the derived dates. New light they said. Eventualy, they droped their pyramidology that once gave the GB "confirmation beyond doubt".

Eventualy The WT will drop 1914 like a rotten shoe and will create another eleborate armagedon story and prophesy. Internet or not, there will be millions willing to buy their story; Whether is under the WTBTS, Inc or a new name.

A cult is a cult is a cult is a cult. By definition, it reinvents itself as the need arises.

• metatron
    metatron

I hope that the organization "goes Catholic"!

You meet people who claim "I'm Catholic".

In reality, they rarely attend church - and when they do, they're attired in jeans and a

windbreaker and sit in the back. They don't believe in celibacy for priests, they practise

birth control, and respect the pope - while ignoring whatever he commands.

That's the Watchtower future I look forward to - as most realistic. On the other hand, keep in

mind that the Watchtower is a small religion and that despite its international pretensions,

it lacks the money and well trained manpower to keep on going as it has. It is simply

stretched too thin - and now, confronted with too much entrenched hostility. The internet

has created a permanent, organized opposition of ex-jws - which in the past was

fragmented and ineffectual. The above is why the aging Governing Body keeps wailing

about "simplification" - they can't keep up with the pace of change in the world and bigger

crowds of eagerly stupid Witnesses aren't helping. The Watchtower magazine is a pale,

beaten down image of the radical publication it used to be.

They will likely survive in a diluted, compromised form -

but I continue to hope that they make one or two big mistakes along the way....

metatron

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Sean, welcome.

Doinmy part, you said

I still go in fld svc once or twice every two months. I think I'll put a Post-It note with JW URLs inside tracts and leave the tracts at Not at Homes.

Yes, please start a thread,

I would love to organise a fair minded tract, or even a business card to tell anyone contacted by JWs to check out a couple of websites, to get both sides of the story. It would be good to beat the JWs at their own game.

Perhaps this could be better targeted by following cars from the KH and discreetly following up their door to door work with anti-JW contacts

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    After all, "The time of the end" started in 1799.

Changed to 1874.

Changed to 1914.

In the 1970s 3 of the Gov Body realised 1914 was wrong and tried to change it to 1957 when sputnik was launched. The rest of Gov Body argued the idea down. At least it shows even the gov body doesnt believe anything special happened in 1914, but dare not change this for fear of how many would leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit