Changes in the DANIEL'S PROPHECY book

by observador 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Emo, how does case 4 read in your copy? If it's also the earlier version, that would make it identical to mine, but if case 4 is the later reading, that would be yet another variant, which would be pretty freaky...

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

case 4 (extended) reads:

'There, Jesus presented the value of his human sacrifice to his Father. Jesus' baptism in 29 CE had anointed, or set apart, that heavenly spiritual reality represented by the Most Holy of the earthly tabernacle and of the later temple. - Hebrews 9:11, 12'

I got my copy a couple of years back - I asked for it from JW's who were doing studies with me.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I have noticed this happened in a lot of book.... in book study people would be reading and the words would

suddenly be different in a newer version, no explanations given.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    'No enemy had taken Babylon by storm in over a thousand years'

That is, in 539 BC. They had obviously overlooked the fact that Babylon had been taken a number of times, the last one by Assurbanipal in 648 BC (whence the correction to "over a hundred years").

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

There's a lot for them to overlook eh; Nark?

• observador
    observador
    Could you give the full sentence for Cast #1...it seems like a pretty major change.

Case #1 being a pretty major change is what I thought too, leo. Here's the scan I got (from the new book):

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    case 4 (extended) reads:

'There, Jesus presented the value of his human sacrifice to his Father. Jesus' baptism in 29 CE had anointed, or set apart, that heavenly spiritual reality represented by the Most Holy of the earthly tabernacle and of the later temple. - Hebrews 9:11, 12'

That is really strange, then, because, while each of us has a mix of the "older" and "newer" renderings, your book differs from mine in only one of the cases. So, at a minimum, that means at least four different versions exist, assuming that observador's summary of the renderings is accurate.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Looks like they're really making sure they've got all possibilities covered on this!!

just think - when they have to alter their interpretation of Daniel they'll scratch their heads "Hmmm.. which versions closest to the latest teaching....?"

• observador
    observador

bttt

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Remember that they are printing millions of these books.

apart from 1000 yr changed to 100 yr most of the changes involve removing a word or some inverted commas. But think how many hundreds of thousand of gallons of ink will be saved, just by such a tiny change.

Similarly, the book dimensions are now a few millimeters smaller, more books for the same money.

Most of the Witless cannot see the subtle difference in these changes anyway for it to even matter.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit