Bettie has gone to her home...

by Sparkplug 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

a great lady, cherish her memory........

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Sparkplug:

My sympathys go out to you at this time. She seems like one awesome person, and I would love to have met both her and you and shared some good times.

• talesin
    talesin

She reminds me of my grandmother ... plain spoken and no bull, with a loving heart. I love the bit about saving things/people ... it's the way of true folk around here, too, the way I learned from my grammy ... I still miss her so, after all these years.

I'm sorry for your loss, and so happy you and your kids had her in your lives.

Hi, young one ... I'm sure that you will have other kindred spirits in your life to teach you the ways of cussing and other important things such as that ... heheh, you have a much better start for having had your Gammie ,,, and a strong mom like yours!

Oh my, she was gorgeous on the outside, too -- that picture reminds me of Betty Bacall. only prettier ,,, what a beauty!

xo

tal

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Thank you to all.

I appreciate it.

Love,

Decki

• Odrade
    Odrade

Sparks, that was a beautiful loving tribute.
    I have a client like that. The first time I saw her I thought "omg, how can anyone be that cantankerous and not have bullet holes in them?" But now I look forward to seeing her. She's a no nonsense lady, "commonsense parent," loved her husband like crazy even though he died after they had only 3 years together. She cares for her elderly disabled mother, even though she is also somewhat disabled. And she is so ornery she cracks me up!
    Gawd, we need people like that around us, don't we? I'm sorry for your loss.
    Odrade

• Panda
    Panda

Sparkplug, What a great way to eulogise a good friend. I imagine that everything she brought to her life was reciprocated. I'm sorry you lost your friend; but I'm also glad you had time to know her.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I love that wild hat she's wearing - it almost looks like a propane tank!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Odrade-Yes she was a blast and sometimes I think that as warped as I was by the cult...it was her persistance and outright crassness that got through to me. That is what it took. What I had embedded in me was so deep that It took someone as loud as her to get through to me.

Panda-I think the things she taught me will stick for a long time. Especially the items she taught my kiddos to do behind my back. It is good though because I used to be so JW rigid. Thanks

Natat- That is a propane tank. Everyone is lamenting because now they have painted it. I cant wait to see how.

SP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit