What's Your View of Lying?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

to mis-direct a person by misleading words, or action especially if one gains unfair advantage by the words or actions is wrong. I dont do that ....and god help you if I find that youve done it to me.

I will waffle and weave a bit if something is none of your business.

Lying.... to the injury of others... is wrong. Motive is the whole issue ... what will you gain by the words or actions?

~Hill

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

words to live by...."If I will lie for you... I will lie TO you", Hillbilly's dad

'nuff said

~Hill

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Mr. Natas (Ps did you know that is satan spelled backwards?)

Thank you for the article. It is oh so true.

what will you gain by the words or actions?
    ^ Thats what matters. You hit the nail on the head.
  • prophecor
    prophecor

All information will be given on a need to know basis.

" Theocratic Warfare "

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Now that I am free of the Theocratic Warfare bull, I think a lie is wrong under any and all circimstances. It makes no difference if some one is "entitled" to the information or not. A lie is wrong even if it will make you look bad or cost you money.

Spoken by one who was disfellowshipped twice for lying, once about my time in field service and the second time about sex.

I am brutaly honest now. Just ask me if that outfit makes your ass look fat!

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I agree with Scully 110%.

But also...I don't want to hurt anyones feelings.

My best friend has horrible taste in clothes. She's 35 and dresses like she's in the Golden Girls...she asks how do you like my new (insert ugly article of clothing here) and I will say...It's very nice but I like your (less ugly piece of clothing ) better.

Is that lying?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It is bad and I do not do it unless it is Theocratic Warfare Strategy in which case I lie to the elders about coming on this site and I lie on my field service report and I would lie if and ledr asked me to be a witness on JC against somebody else

• Es
    Es

I can be a great liar if the need arose...mostly to my parents or the last time the elders came around. I think im with JH on this one if its to get someone of my back i may tell a little white lie. es

• dh
    dh

baby, does my ass look big in this dress...

no honey, you look great.

• Netty
    Netty

When you have little children, you learn how to tell harmless little white lies, and lots of 'em. It's necessary for survival.

I aint any good at it though. Guess that's why I'm not a witless anymore, it shows all over my face, when I try to lie, and or be hypocritical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit