Eagerness To Shun Bound To Fade

by Englishman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I personally haven't experienced ''shunning'' (yet) - but it is clearly a cruel, pathetic and need I say, CHILDISH thing to practice. It is also clearly unnatural.

Regarding those who have been shunned for years, I can see the pain doesn't go. I can't imagine never speaking to my own child, no matter WHAT. For the Shunner, as time goes, does it make it MORE difficult to make amends? After shunning someone you love for so long, would it be ''losing face'' to try while at the same time holding on to a cult?

I feel sad for you Crumpet. If you as a child are feeling this way, I can only imagine your mother is too. It's only natural.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Shucks fleaman - thank you! And thank you also to blackswan, midwich cuckoo and panda.

Loved the flower and don't be too sad for me, I am getting better at resisting the temptation to stalk mum-lookalikeys. I probably wouldn't know her if I did see her in the street as I haven't even seen a picture of her for the last 7 years - thats actually a painful thought I won;t dwell on too much. The important thing is that I am now finally getting on with my life - not doing everything I can to destroy it so I can cheat Jehovah of that final pleasure anymore. And more postively if not I am concentrating on ways to show my parents love from a far so that one day they might question how loving they are being. Jesus true disciples were to show love as a primary quality and perhaps they will realise how twisted the notion of shunning as an act of love really is.

Thanks again for you kind thoughts. I appreciate them so much.

Jimakazi - this seems to be a popular misconception - that family members can still associate as long as they don't discuss spiritual things. This is only the case if dwelling under the same roof. If you live apart from your family they are not permitted to associate - contact can only be made for urgent family business - usually financial matters or a death in the family or serious illness. That is unless in your part of the world there is a different disfellowshipping policy like the Malawi v Mexico military policy. The kingdom ministry article a couple of years back stressed that this is the case as I have seen it quoted here on this board.

crumpet x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit