I wish i was adopted...

by kittyeatzjdubs 26 Replies latest jw friends

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Seems to me like your family are judging themselves then blaming you. It's easier to find fault in others than except your own shortcomings. I have a similar (but no where near as bad not by a long shot) thing with my folks. Told in my youth how my dalliances with the ladies would never find me a proper mate and here I am with a wife (after nearly 10 years of living in delightful worldly sin) two kids and a mortgage hearing how brother and sister so and so have divorced. Do I feel smug? You betcha.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Kittyeatzjdubs, Wow with a family like that who need enemies. From what is said your Dad is not a witness? Your Dad and his wife are real creeps. You must be adopted, no way your really blood to them. Sorry they put you through that. Your boyfriend genuinally sounds like a great guy. Best to cut the family ties and move on. Some people in this life are just not worth knowing. They sound like two of them. Yah the 29 year old is for sure a gold digger. And your Dad is just trying to relive his youth. Balsam

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Matt seems like a total star!!! Shame your dad doesnt see it.... sorry to sound disrespectful but your dad sounds like he has his head stuck up his arse!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Yah the 29 year old is for sure a gold digger. And your Dad is just trying to relive his youth.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Your stepmom sounds like a condescending Anna Nicole Smith wannabe and father sounds like a judgemental and self-rightous a$$hole. I know there are circumstances in which you may have to deal with family but I just about cut off as much unnecessary association as possible people like that in my family. You can still do that and "honor" your mother and father. It is a matter of self preservation. I know it is extremely hard to respect and give honor to parents who treat you like dirt.

My father made promises he never kept, beat the hell out of my mother when they were married, put down me and my brother and sister, embarassed me in front of my friends when I would have some over as a kid by being sloppy-ass drunk, the list is endless. It has taken me a long time to forgive a lot of things he has done which still to this day effects my life. Forgiveness is a continual process, and not a moment in time. I have to remind myself that because if I dont when I have flashbacks of the past in my mind I am able to let go of it and move in a positive way.

My father is not the same person as he was over 20 years ago and I dont bring up the past when I see him. But I have to say letting go and moving on allows me to have more energy to continue on going in the right direction in my life.

Anyway, I hope things get better for you :)

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

thanks for the post guys...and me and matt talked about it last night and i've decided to do what a lot of you said...just leave them alone and live my life for me. i'm going to give it one more chance...dad invited us to come down and eat hamburgers one day soon. if they seem to be warming up to us, then i'll keep going down there. but if it's a replay of the last 2 times, then i'm just going to say that we have to go home b/c (insert white lie here) and not go back. i'll call my dad and let him know i'm ok, but i'm not going to keep going down there and getting my feelings hurt. i'm tired of it, i don't deserve it, and i DO NOT have to put up with it.

luv, jojo

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Maybe you should be honest about why you don't want to go back with him, just give it to 'em, he's old enough to take the truth, and you'll feel better.

WLG

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

that's true WLG....

i got u'r pm and i promise to read the bio as soon as i can...they're running me ragged here at the office...

luv, jojo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit