COLDPLAY OR OASIS

by tijkmo 31 Replies latest social entertainment

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Reckon that both are unoriginal (well parachutes had its place) How bout Infected Mushroom?

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

diamondblue- http://www.depeche-mode-world.de/news/news.html says new album is due in the autumn...

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Does anyone remember (c'mon Ian) Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine? Now theres a band!! They used to one of my favourites along with Wonderstuff, Pop Will Eat Itself, The Charlatans, Ride, The Family Cat and James.....

oh no please make it go away...and depeche mode

dodgy had a couple of good songs though

tijkmo of the you're twistin my melons man class

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Muse are stunning live. Really really. I'd seen them when they were a deal-less local band, they made NO impression on me what-so-ever (I have photos of them on stage but no memory of the event), then saw them on the bill at Glasters and was stunned. Near best Glasters set, and it was Sunday afternoon too.

I think it was the year after Jeff died, which made the semblance spooky...

Travis have an ubnfortunate tendancy to make it rain at festivals; I was a Glasters when they started playing 'Why does it always rain on me', and it did. Only rain of entire sodding festival that year. Fortunately tent was 200m away so my girlfriend did not stay in her wet things for long.

Radiohead are one of the few bands that can engage in proctology without attacting my ire. They are fab live

Dodgy WERE wonderful; seen them (along with Travis, but they were Exter Uni's eternal support act for about two years) more times than I can actually remember off-hand. Best was The Cavern in Exeter, really an all-time-top-gig, about 300 people in a 175 capacity bar underground, complete with the choir for 'Grassman' on a stage smaller than a king-sized bed. Then they got pissy with each other and the original lead singer (the one who COULD sing) left. I saw them in the Cavern again after that and they stank - I can sing better than the guy who took over on the microphone, he couldn't hit a high note with a Patriot missile.

The Longpigs self-destructed. When I interviewed Travis (who toured with them) they were in awe of the sheer excess the Longpigs were capable of.

Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine?

Goodbye Ruby Tueday, shut your mouth you stupid cow (wasn't that how their anti-Maggie antherm went). Yeah... but that's almost as long ago as seeing Julian Cary advertised in Melody Maker with Fanny the Wonder Dog!

Wonderstuff

Good, but I can only ever remember the one song.

Pop Will Eat Itself

I liked them for a brief period entirely connected with the very attractive contents of a PWEI T-shirt,

The Charlatans

Class act, like them live but not seen them for eons.

As for Depeche Mode, well, I don't like to start any blasphemous ruomours...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Liked all of those.

Is "James" still doing the rounds? I went to a concert in 1991, in Nottingham.

I also went to see "Shakin' Stevens" about 1983, but lets not even go there... LOL

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I have to disagree with you about Coldplay's latest cd.

Great to sleep by- I couldn't even get to the end.

If I want to be that depressed I'll pull out my Morrissey Cd's.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I also went to see "Shakin' Stevens"

You should know better than to admit that here LT....

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I regretted it the moment I hit "Send"

LOL

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Some great memories on this thread!

Paulj i used to love Carter...especially "Sheriff fatman"!The lyrics were fascinating......

Abaddon ,i agree about Muse and radiohead..seen Radiohead tons of times..best time in 2001 when it pissed down at the south park gig..though i thought sigur ros actually outclassed them...................

Tij..enjoy U2..i only saw them once ...again in 2001 and Pj Harvey blew them away!

Lt....Fran Healey has done some wonderful stuff..Happy is one of my favourite Songs...great ,positive stuff...

Now i think my music taste is cool (who doesnt)how about if i admit to going to Motley Crue at the weekend...............and loved every minute of it!!!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

When i was VERY little and i mean 4/5 yrs old (therefore not knowing any better) I used to like Shakin' Stevens. I dont think i ever achieved it but i always wanted to get a denim jacket to match my jeans so i would look like him. Can i just re-iterate this was when i was very young and therefore didnt know better!

My favourite Carter USM songs were Only Living Boy in New Cross, Do-Ray-Me and Glam Rock Cops.

Im sure James is still knocking about, not producing anything as good as 'Laid' and 'Sit Down' tho...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit