Please advise.

by embalmed 39 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I really don't think that you should take the advice of the women about this! It's different for girls it really really is!

I hate to sound sexist but this is a man thing he needs to STEP UP AND BE A MAN! It's the truth! If you don't have anywhere to go join the military and they will GIVE you somewhere to go! In four years you'll get out with training to get a good job some great experience and money for college. Stop being such a pussy your 18 NOW MAN UP don't be a door mat for anyone!

This is your rite of passage do well and become a man or listen to the chicks and stay a boy it's just that easy...

ok girls flame away!

• Sith
    Sith

I should have posted more but I didn't, so now I will.

itsallgoodnow, you wrote: "So, the only way to be a "man" is to do what Sith tells you to do."

I didn't tell "embalmed" to do a thing. He asked for advice...I gave him mine. As did you.

You wrote: "Sith will not be there for you while you are "living with the consequences", but you will have the warm fuzzy feeling of not labeling yourself a "pussy" for not doing exactly what Sith tells you to do."

You bet your ass I won't be there to give hugs and kisses. You live with your choices. The world doesn't owe you a clap on the back for doing the right thing. You do the right thing BECAUSE it's the right thing. No handshakes, no trophies, no awards. I learned something the hard way. It's a cliche', but it's words I live by. "To thine ownself be true"

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

You can either avoid being around like some have suggested, or if you are ready to move out (which includes other factors besides meetings) then have a practical plan of action on how you can actually make it happen.

• embalmed
    embalmed

Thanks everyone... yeah, I have talked to my mother a few times on this subject before. She understands that I do not believe in the teachings, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. She even admitted to not supporting some of the teachings herself. She attends more because she needs to belong to something, and she can't imagine not belonging to a church or some sort and the Jehovah's Witness ideology is closest to her own. She has not had a very good life, and she really clings to this.
    Someone asked about my father, simply put, I have no father figure around. So I can't get support that way.
    I guess I will just keep saving. I am going to college, though, and my mother supports this, although not financially. I have gotten a fair amount of grant money, and I have signed up for work study, which should be enough to pay for books and tuition, but not room and board. Someone mentioned something about a scholarship for this? Could you maybe PM me with more info on this? (Sorry, I don't remember who mentioned it...)
    I'm really in no shape to be kicked out just yet, I don't have nearly enough money to support myself for more than a month and I have no where to stay, and though I really don't think my mother has it in her to kick me out, I won't test that. I guess I will keep attending meetings for now. I'm not going to put up a facade, though. I can't be disfellowshipped because I was never baptized, and as annoyed as I am, I don't want to ruin things too much for my mother. I guess as soon as I get enough money, I am out.

• Sith
    Sith

embalmed, best move you never made:

"I can't be disfellowshipped because I was never baptized"

Best of luck

Robbie

• La Capra
    La Capra

mkr, and Sith, if it is different for the boys as opposed to the girls, you probably didn't realize that Embalmed is of the female persuasion...what's your advice now? If I am wrong, Embalmed, I apologize, and please correct me. I just know high school students really well, and well, you write like a girl. And actually, I agree, it is different for boys and girls in the WTBTS. I think congregations are harder on girls for not taking an early stand, going on to college, etc. (By personal experience, and observations of others in my area). Shoshana

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Consider going to a good community college. They save you thousands on tuition. You can afford to go to school and to live on your own with roomates, etc. Then be sure to keep your grade point average up so that you get scholarships and grants to go on to a university after two years.

Joining the military isn't the solution for every person. Besides, you might end up in Iraq and come home in a body bag. My son in law is a chief in the Navy and he would tell you that the first years are the hardest.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Well if it's a girl then duh do what the girls say instead of us dumb guys!

• xjwms
    xjwms

Not being baptized is a plus in this case.

If it were me I would use blondie's wt to the full. Maybe not answering at meetings, but planting seeds to others.

Ask about the upcoming assembly, ... "is it really so, .. that many there as examples, .. have NO REGRETS about their choices.

Keep asking questions, ... What is an apostate state of mind?

Sometimes acting dumb, ... and asking dumb questions, ... is a way these questions are planting seeds.

• embalmed
    embalmed

Wow, La Capra, you're good. I am, in fact, a girl.

BTW, I haven't been answering at the meetings for a good long time. As in two or three years. I guess I could start asking questions though, and try to find a job, although I've been searching for a job since I was 15, in waves, and I've had no luck. I suppose it might be easier now that I have graduated high school, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit