Hard Evidence of Life After Death, is there any?

by Blueblades 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IronGland
    IronGland
    The above is quite a neat little trick that proponents of pseudoscience often use. "Hey, they laughed at Galileo, they laughed at Einstein, they're laughing at me, therefore I'm just like Galileo and Einstein."

"They laughed at Galileo, they laughed at Einstein but they also laughed at Bozo the Clown"--C.Sagan

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Yeah, the 'laughed at' argument also ignores that if someone had LISTENED to Gallileo and done some experiments and observations to check his work they would have agreed, as the evidence was always there its just we weren't looking at it right.

One can listen to belivers in spooks/UFO's/Sasquatch/Nessie, but if you do the experiments and observations to 'check their work', you do not have ANYTHING.

Satanus: that's a snake, not a snake-skin wallet; you just WANT it to be a wallet so ignore the obvious snaklitude of it.

Little Toe; I love you, but I do feel like saying "Autosuggestion". There, I did it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autosuggestion

I mean, I'm sure Tom Cruise believes he has personal validation of his Bullshitologist beliefs.

Yeah? And? So? What?

But maybe I just suffer from paranormal experience envy...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gyles:
    That's ok, I love you too

Now here's a question - given that generations upon generations of people have believed in an afterlife of some description, would it be the use of autosuggestion that would help one shrug it off?

At least you're not suffering penile-envy

LT, of the "choose your paradigm" class

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Ross,

Now here's a question - given that generations upon generations of people have believed in an afterlife of some description, would it be the use of autosuggestion that would help one shrug it off?

Ah, an infinate recursion, cute!

Gyles

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

But which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Hehehe...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I don't think there is any hard evidence of life after death. What I do think though is that the universe is non-local, and that is what certain Physics experiments is telling us and that time, and space are an illusion just like the color red is an illusion of the mind. And that probably every thing is "one" if that is the case.

If this is true then it might offer an explaination of OBE and past lives experiences, since time and space are an illusion of the mind, a person can also experience other illusions such as these under the right conditions.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

**Have a liitle look at http://www.shiftgood1.com. Yes keep your mind open.

Keep my mind open? I would have to suspend all disbelief and dismiss all the scientific / biological information I have learned. I can do this for FICTION...but not for some jag bag trying to prove a "scientific" point. This is the biggest bunch of bullshite I have ever read. I want the 10 minutes of my life that I wasted reading that crap back.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    or from scientifically valid sources?

like already mentioned here, there is absolutely no scientific evidence. all the scientific evidence points to our minds being inextricably linked to our brains. that when we die, consciousness stops. the atoms and molecules that make us, go back into the nature of this world, and someday back out into the cosmos.

so any soul that lived after death would either have to:

a. be a part of the brain, for which there is no evidence. the god of the gaps formula applies here. substitute "god" with "soul". the more and more that we discover about the brain, the fewer and fewer places there are that the soul can hide.

b. there is a yet undiscovered conduit from the brain going down through our bodies to the cavity in our bodies that is the home of the soul. again, no scientific evidence.

how would the brain transfer the data and information that is defined as such by the structure of the brain, to the soul which doesn't have a physical structure? by magic?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Tetra:
    You're assuming that there's some kind of transfer process, instead of just releasing the physical vehicle, including the "conscious" constructs of the physical brain. A bit like the guy jumping clear of the car before it goes over the cliff, in Derek's analogy.

You're surely not as bigoted as to believe that just because science hasn't demonstrated it it cannot be true, are you?

How do you explain the NDE's where there was no brain activity?

• kazar
    kazar

Trevor - you are toooooo funny! LOL. By the way, I adore your avatar. I was addicted to Patrick McGoohan in his series of The Prisoner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit