Do you "now" look for more reasons to dislike or hate the JW's?

by free2beme 32 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

If this was really the truth wouldn’t you expect people to be capable of explaining some of their core beliefs that would superiorly counter “apostate” questioning. Yet, I was not able to get one satisfactory answer to questions posed at this site as a dub. Which I then posed to pioneers, elders, and others. What I have seen and experienced is that many new “bible students” only superficially if ever research any point presented by WTBS. They simply take WTBS word for it. Take for example 1914. How many JW can explain it adequately and answer all the criticism? NONE.

Take a step back and forget this was Watchtower Society. Now if someone would have actively tried to discourage you from asking questions and searching answers or ridicule you for doing so what would you think??
    THINK.

What indeed?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Free2beme:

You raise good points. I'm not really out but there have been times that I think they are right about some things. The problem I have with this is that the wrong things are so wrong that the bad outweighs the good. Even if everything they taught was/is right, because of all I have experienced and seen there (and here) I am a different person. The only way I could be there and be "active" would be to stay on the very fringes and have almost no association and go out in service by myself, etc. Because I absolutely cannot tolerate abuse or disrespect of any sort, I couldn't even "fake" being civil to anybody there if they crossed me. I don't want any confrontations any more.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I've never been a dub but I can see how this really fits in with Cognitive Dissonance theory--that your thoughts (beliefs) and emotions will align themselves with your actions, which in this case is leaving the JWs. When you make a big decision to do anything, you naturally find every reason to justify your decision in your mind. Dubs are always affirming stuff that keeps them feeling justified in being a dub. When you make the big decision not to be a dub, you naturally want to find out everything that supports your decision not to be a dub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit